Beadlock rim question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

How easy is it to change tires on beadlock rims? Ive tried on regular rims and will never do it again, (I bought a manual tire changer). Im willing to spend more if I can easily change tires myself. I dont need better rims so increased performance is not a concern, just the ability to change easily on my own. All the local shops charge at least $32 so thats not an option. Any input appreciated.

If you get the dual beadlocks changing tires should be really easy I would think, becuase you can unlock the bead from both sides. But I've never delt with beadlocks so I'm not 100 percent sure.

Just take them to a tire shop to get them changed most of them onley charge 5 a tire.

$32 to change the tires! That is ridiculous! If you are changing your tires fairly often and you already have the machine, it should be fairly easy to break the bead. After that it just takes some time and practice with a set of irons, but it does get eaiser. You can even change fairly good sized equipment tires (like the back tires on a backhoe) as long as you have long enough irons (or a slate bar :)). A soapy solution, or bead grease can make the job much easier. I am not really sure though of how much easier a set of beadlocks will make the process, but I would think it would at least make it a little easier.

Just take them to a tire shop to get them changed most of them onley charge 5 a tire.

Not around here. Most tire shops wont do it for any price. The downside of being a city boy. Went to Sears once and they damaged the rim just from a removal. Its almost cheaper for me to throw away perfectly good rims when the tires are shot. Free shipping, free mounting and no sales tax (soon to be 10.25% here) makes new rims and tires cheaper than getting new tires on my old rims. The local Wal marts wont even touch ATV tires. I can get a car tire removed for $8 however.

just buy some douglous rims form rockymontian, and don't worry about rims. bc there cheap and always have rims on all your tire, thats what i do

^huh?

But anyway... search around somebody has to be able to change your tires cheaper.

And if your not worried about keeping the old tires cut them off. Thats what i did with my last set.

Back