Battery options

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8BU

Reaction score
What batteries have you guys had luck with. Looking at try a Gel or lithium style battery. I have not had the stock batteries last more than two years.

I've had a sealed gel battery for three years and it works great. Anyone I know who has tried a lithium battery hated them. They don't work well in cold weather( I see you're in Wisconsin) and just don't seem to have as much cranking power as a similarly rated lead acid battery. How long a lead battery lasts really depends on how you take care of it. If they go unused for long periods of time in freezing temps it tends to shorten their life by a lot. I put mine on a trickle charger during the winter. I had a battery in my boat that was rated for 5 years, I always keep them inside on a trickle charger in winter.It was still working fine when I replaced it after 8 years.

Get a Wal-mart battery and keep it on a good maintainer, i had one in two of my street bikes that lasted 6 and 7 years. People say they dont last long but there are usually the same people that leave them sit for months in the winter with out anything keeping them maintained.

Latest posts

Back