battery hold down

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tchester55

Reaction score
What do you guys use to hold the battery down? Mine never had a strap or anything and it caused me to have to buy a new battery because it broke my terminals from bouncing around

I haven't had an issue with bouncing around and as for the strap part not sure my bike never had a strap holding the battery down but my battery is the same hight as the box possibility u could make a simple strap to go across the battery out of thin gauge sheet steel or even plumbers tape if you needed to

You can make one out of a conduit clamp, Take a hammer flattin it out to a certain degree whether you want it flush or not is up to you, its safe to leave a little room. mark the holes and drill them and your set. A cheap alternative for a battery hold strap, You can paint it or leave it raw either way it looks good and fixes the problem.

my positive terminal just broke yesterday. i have the battery raised up to give it less room for bouncing around. im going to try something with one of those rubber tie downs if i can find the right size. all else fails i like the conduit clamp idea. i keep wondering if it has more to do with how close the frame sits to the battery, so instead of the initial bounce its when it falls down and the terminal stays put when the battery knocks around.

Sticky back foam on sides of compartment so battery fits snug. Works great as long as u keep rubber side down. But I ride trails and avoid jumps.

thx but we would need 5" i believe. i was wrong too bike bandit has a part no. so there is something out there but for $14 ill look elsewhere. im going to find something like this though cause my battery hates me and i want to force that thing to stay put. i just grabbed some spare parachord and wrapped around the notches for now.

I've broken the battery clamps on both the positive and negative sides. Never really thought much about a hold down since it doesn't have very much room to move with the seat on top of it, but it's probably a good idea.

Just use a Zip Tie across the same battery strap mounts or drill a few holes in the plastic. You can use zip ties that have the quick release or just cut it off when you need to take your battery out. It works great.

I have the part # for the oem battery strap somewhere in my notes for my quad. Its a $13-$15 part. Ive broke the cables from the battery bouncing around a few times, right now im just using some heavy duty zip-ty's and a cut up and crushed gatorade bottle to keep the battery from moving.

i just use a small mini bungecord you can get them at Walmart in a pack of like 50 for $5

Back