battery help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedped79

Reaction score
one of the things u clamp the cable on ,on the battery snapped how can i fix this its a brand new battery

Take it back. Lead cannot be welded, and if it could, it will not transmit enough juice.

EDIT: I see you are in Buffalo as well.....know any place that conrail cops will not arrrest you for riding?

If you don't take it back you can solder to it. I would try returning it though.

Take it back. Lead cannot be welded, and if it could, it will not transmit enough juice.

EDIT: I see you are in Buffalo as well.....know any place that conrail cops will not arrrest you for riding?

i fixed the battery prob i clamped it idk i usually ride in trails i made by the tracks or take them to spots i never get in trouble wenever i see conrail i bust a u turn lol where in buffalo do u live? and how old r u?

Almost downtown off of the Conrail Mainline. Jefferson area, and I'm 31.

I've been to the Tonawanda sands, Black sands in lancaster(before they tore them up) Erie field off of broadway, Squaw island(again, before they tore them up), and Tift Farms(DEC OWNS that place now...ride at your own risk)

o i live in south buffalo off of southpark i ride back by botan icle gardens and don by tift and such i havent been stopped by conrail yet if they do attempt to i dont plan on stopping

o i live in south buffalo off of southpark i ride back by botan icle gardens and don by tift and such i havent been stopped by conrail yet if they do attempt to i dont plan on stopping

Good man. they WILL try to stop you.

DEC fenced off all the RR property By the Skyway/Ship canal. Can't even get into there anymore.

I usually hit the tracks at the end of my street, shoot to Willaim/Filmore, back down to the tracks along Clinton, and out to West seneca. Houghton park is decent, IF you watch out for the walkers. Some good trails off of Ridge, by Delta Sonic, but WS PD LOVES to screw with you.

FYI:

NYS DMV's ATV pamphlet states explicitly that it is illegal to ride railroad property. Period.

Whether it be access roads or the tracks themselves.

So technically the local PD or Conrail PD could bust you for it.

FYI:

NYS DMV's ATV pamphlet states explicitly that it is illegal to ride railroad property. Period.

Whether it be access roads or the tracks themselves.

So technically the local PD or Conrail PD could bust you for it.
Also, NYS DMV phamplet states that you CANNOT ride on private property without having it insured, and registration.

**** that. where I come from, you own it, you can drive it on your own land without papers.

Nys also has what? 10 miles of Legal ATV trails ?

DMV nazi's can suck it. Never put paperwork on my quad, only will when they give the the same respect that tehSledders get. 25 million for Eire county to improve trails that have been open 2 weeks so far this year. ::)

My quad is insured for liability reasons and theft and is also registered but my plate is curled up around my grab bar so it isn’t legible for when we get chased down the road/on land. We ride on the aqueduct and they chase your ass with helicopters and quads out of there - it gets pretty interesting lol. If you get caught they slam you with some BS of damaging federal property, polluting the water supply (carb hoses), and all this other crap. We ride on multiple Conrail beds (including a major rail yard) and it takes us to pretty much any state around NY. Every once and a while there is a side trail that will come up behind a Mobile or Exxon where you can fuel up and keep going - its real cool. The bed on the side of the tracks is wide enough to fit 3-4 quads side by side comfortably and there are straight aways that stretch sometimes for more then 10 miles.

The aqueduct is our route to the MX tracks around here as well; you can get on that and head to about 3 tracks in 15 minutes.

When I get chased down a road or trail do I stop? **** no. Why am I registered and insured then? Because when you do get caught they let you go a lot of the times, can’t take your quad, and its fewer tickets that you get and looks good if/when you have to go to court. As I said above my plate is on but curled up - half the time when ever we get approached by an officer I have time to un-curl it if we are caught with out them noticing. The other half of the time they will see it and I just say I was doing a wheelie or something and it must have been bent up before and they accept that. There is a nice loop hole in the law in regards to riding on the roads though!!!

We go by a simple rule - if we know we can get away we run and if we know we cant (gas conditions, not near anything, etc...) we stop and don’t even let them chase us - most of the time we get let go with a slap on the wrist then anyway when we do that; being registered/insured helps that even if your plate is "concealed" like mine! They cant impound your **** and can only give you a ticket for the violation.

On average I say we get in 6-7 MAJOR police chases a year (down roads, through red lights, more then one cop car, helicopters, etc...) - they go buck snookey down here. It is all worth it though, many riders come from the tri-state region just to ride here - excellent land/tracks.

This is only the 6th week of the year

I should have said this SEASON.

FACT remains. Sledders get it all, ATV riders get ****.

DS, I understand where you are coming from.

Latest posts

Back