Base cilynder gasket

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Venom

Reaction score
Finally started rebuilding my engine. But some questions have aroused:
Will i have realibility problems if i dump the base gasket in order to raise the comp? The piston is wiseco +10 10,2:1comp.
How about the timing will it be of by much? will i need an ajustble cam sprocket?
thanks

Finally started rebuilding my engine. But some questions have aroused:
Will i have realibility problems if i dump the base gasket in order to raise the comp? The piston is wiseco +10 10,2:1comp.
How about the timing will it be of by much? will i need an ajustble cam sprocket?
thanks

Timing will be fine..And you dont need a adjustable cam sprocket although it would be nice.. and far as reliability should be as good if not better..

so am i to assume you are talking about the gasket between the jug and the block (case)
and if that's right how do you solve the oil leaking out ?

i think the big o-ring does most of the sealing and like alex said you replace the gasket with rtv or equivalent sealer

You will need to use some grey RTV to get a nice seal. Although, black works fine. Grey seems to bond a little better for that, Imo.

An adjustable cam gear is nice and all, but, worthless if you cannot degree it in. I've done it on mine...

did you degree it in whit a protractor or something?

You need a degree wheel mounted to the crank, with an indicator mounted to the engine, and a way to measure valve lift. It is in my build thread.

Back