Banshee Swingarm

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would fit, but why would you want to put one on? Their stock one is a couple inches shorter than the warrior's. Maybe if you found an extended aftermarket one for cheap then I could see using one on a warrior i guess.

well, there are +2,4,6,8,10, and 12 on ebay for $100 with bearings. That's a damn good deal if ya ask me.

well, there are +2,4,6,8,10, and 12 on ebay for $100 with bearings. That's a damn good deal if ya ask me.

Might be a good way to shave some weight off our warriors, find out the length difference, and you got yourself a close to stock length swinger, but Much lighter.
~Bill

[quote:eek:tj494gu]well, there are +2,4,6,8,10, and 12 on ebay for $100 with bearings. That's a damn good deal if ya ask me.

Might be a good way to shave some weight off our warriors, find out the length difference, and you got yourself a close to stock length swinger, but Much lighter.
~Bill[/quote:eek:tj494gu]

For that price they're probably just stock swingers that had an extra piece grafted in between to extend them. In that case they'd be heavier than stock ones. You're looking at 600+ for a swingarm that's considerably lighter than stock, lonestars are up in the 800's new I think

no, they aren't extended stockers. they are all new material.

anyone know how much shorter a banshee swingarm is? 2"? 4"?

I'm not sure on the stock length. Though I can see where your comming from Yamarider, I was assuming that they didn't have pieces added to the rear since that would put an exhorbanant amount of pressure on the rear shock, especially if they are offering +12 configurations. Though I know with when you order a rear shock you have to state whether your swinger is lengthened so they can valve the shock correctly.
Keep that in mind, If you buy anything that is longer, or shorter it will effect the compression of the rear shock, and therefore make it easier or tougher to compress, depending on if it's longer or shorter (longer is less effort to bottom it out, shorter will take more, if you didn't know). It's the same basic princepal of putting either extended a arms, or spacers on your front wheels with stock shocks, it will make it soft, and bottom out more easily.
~Bill

I know some of the extended swingarms for sale on ebay are stock ones that people are extending in their garage and reselling.

Either way, the extra length will be added behind the shock mount, so it will be putting more stress on the shock. Depending how far the swingarm is extended past the stocker it could get really bad, to the point that it's like there's no compression damping at all, then you might as well ditch the shock and bolt on a pogo stick to save weight.

Back