banshee shock mod

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redrum

Reaction score
to do the banshee shock on a 02 warrior ..I know I have to do the mod on the airbox but what year shee shock should I look for to get?

im assuming the banshee shock is a better one than the warrior but not as good as the raptor

I had the raptor shock I actually prefer the banshee one. Not as stiff. Also you can put a banshee dog bone into the swingarm and raise the rear end up about 1.5 inches or so.

Okay as u might c its very late i done a short search and came up with nuthin so here goes.. Will shee shocks work on a stock 99 warrior without much modding ?? I know the airbox has to be modded for the rear i canhandle that. Couldnt find much on the fronts, I could have first gen arms not reallly sure.. Also im guessing the year dont really matter as far a s the shee shocks themselves.. Im goin for a softer ride over rocky trails, I guess the canam has made me into a soft ass..

If you have a '99 any Banshee front shock will bolt right on. Look for the ones with the progressive springs as the have a more plush ride.
All of the banshee rear shocks will bolt in with only the air box mod.
Look in the Web deals section there is a nice set in there.

What does modding the airbox for the banshee shock consist of? Just cutting a hole so the rez clears it when it is compressed?

Pretty much. You can also use a heat gun to mold it so there is no hole

I will be doing mostly trail riding with a little bit of desert. The guy that had the quad before me was 250lb's and my rear shock is shot. I weigh 160lb's and i was thinking of getting the banshee shock because it is not as stiff as the 01 raptor 660 shock. Would this be a good setup for me or am i too light? I can't find a warrior shock with a RED spring that is in good shape so i am leaning towards buying a RED banshee rear shock because they are readily available.

I will be doing mostly trail riding with a little bit of desert. The guy that had the quad before me was 250lb's and my rear shock is shot. I weigh 160lb's and i was thinking of getting the banshee shock because it is not as stiff as the 01 raptor 660 shock. Would this be a good setup for me or am i too light? I can't find a warrior shock with a RED spring that is in good shape so i am leaning towards buying a RED banshee rear shock because they are readily available.
That will be fine for you for sure! I have a red warrior shock if you interested just shoot me a price!

hey beastly-whats the differance with running the raptop 660 and the banshee with the dog bone?besides personal preferance.im 250 pounds what set up would you recomend?on a budget of course lol

hey beastly-whats the differance with running the raptop 660 and the banshee with the dog bone?besides personal preferance.im 250 pounds what set up would you recomend?on a budget of course lol

I'd run a 660 and bone. banshee bone is dumb, why would you lift the quad with oem shaft travel. What you need is the 660 with bone to bring it back close to stock height

Back