Banshee rear shock air box

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teamexileracing

Reaction score
K well if any of you guys are looking to get a banshee rear shock u have to alter your air box or you bust a hole in it like i did. When i first go it i tryed to heat the box up and push it in so that the shock didnt hit it. Well that worked for about 1 ride before i had to fix a huge hole i busted in it. It happend a couple more times so i said **** it.

I came up with this then.
customairbox1.jpg

customairbox.jpg

I cut the whole bottom off of the box to where it wouldnt hit and took a peice of Sainless steel and cut it and bent it till it formed to the box. I then rivited it all around the edges and caulked the inside. These pics dont show the culk because i took them before i put it in. Hopefully it wont have any holes in it when i text it and it will work a lot better with shock. The only problem is that i dont have a drain plug now but im working on that. I have a few ideas ;D ;D I still ahve the bottem peice that i cut off that had the plug on it so i might put it on the box when i get some time.

o and heres my retarded dog...
dudecomputer.jpg

he likes to be retarded and sit on everything hes not supost to hahaha

I took this pic today so i thought i would put it up...im retarded.

I did the exact same thing cutting the bottom out of mine. I just used duct tape on the bottom though, and then spray painted it flat black so it doesn't look duct tape. Same effect with less work.

I managed to heat it enough with a heat gun to get it too work. I wound up melting quite a few holes in it, but then took various pieces of scrap plastic and melted them in to fill the holes and then filled all the tiny little holes at the seams of my "repairs" with waterproof liquid nails. THen while I had the box off I filled the bottom with water to see if I had any leaks and it seems watertight. Its ugly as sin, but does the job fine.

Yea I know, but I got a heat gun for 9.99 at harbor freight and couldn't help myself

I did that same thing with tin to my air box, It works quite well. I drilled some holes in the bottom to let water drain out. I dont ride in deep enough water very often to let water in the holes but I have hit some water holes fast enough that water splashed up and into the airbox and killed my quad. So I did the drain holes to get the water out.

I managed to heat it enough with a heat gun to get it too work. I wound up melting quite a few holes in it, but then took various pieces of scrap plastic and melted them in to fill the holes and then filled all the tiny little holes at the seams of my "repairs" with waterproof liquid nails. THen while I had the box off I filled the bottom with water to see if I had any leaks and it seems watertight. Its ugly as sin, but does the job fine.

O i did that over and over again with legos, I never got it deep enough to where the shock wouldnt hit it so it kept cracking. Worse and worse every time it happend again. Have you checked it latly? It might be cracked if you didnt make it deep enough.

Also yes my dog does think hes a cat or a little lap dog. He trys to lay on anything and everything no matter the size or shape. He also will climb in anybodys lap. Idc i dont mind it, hes really affection it and he always cheers me up, and i love him, hes soo dumb its funny.

I just cut a square out of the bottom and left it like that. If water is getting through the bottom then water is most likely getting through on top.

[quote:bbtclvip]I managed to heat it enough with a heat gun to get it too work. I wound up melting quite a few holes in it, but then took various pieces of scrap plastic and melted them in to fill the holes and then filled all the tiny little holes at the seams of my "repairs" with waterproof liquid nails. THen while I had the box off I filled the bottom with water to see if I had any leaks and it seems watertight. Its ugly as sin, but does the job fine.

O i did that over and over again with legos, I never got it deep enough to where the shock wouldnt hit it so it kept cracking. Worse and worse every time it happend again. Have you checked it latly? It might be cracked if you didnt make it deep enough.
[/quote:bbtclvip]

I basically caved in the whole bottom of the airbox. I am worried about it cracking, but so far its held, but I do make sure to check it after every ride. If it does crack I'll just hack the bottom of the box off.

[quote:e7hmpeuo]I just cut a square out of the bottom and left it like that. If water is getting through the bottom then water is most likely getting through on top.
hahaha i wouldnt go by that philosophy[/quote:e7hmpeuo]

I would when its virturally impossible that water would splash up into the airbox in the little 2x2 inch hole i cut in it. For one even if it does its only going to get on the very end of the filter. With an outerwares i have absolutly nothing to worry about.. My warrior never sees deep water anyway.

My point was that if im splashing water up into the bottom of the box enough to actually do something then the top of the box is soaked. My box is going bye bye completely in a little bit anyway. I wont be scared to ride trails like normal.

[quote:asehz6kl]
hahaha i wouldnt go by that philosophy

I would when its virturally impossible that water would splash up into the airbox in the little 2x2 inch hole i cut in it. For one even if it does its only going to get on the very end of the filter. With an outerwares i have absolutly nothing to worry about.. My warrior never sees deep water anyway.

My point was that if im splashing water up into the bottom of the box enough to actually do something then the top of the box is soaked. My box is going bye bye completely in a little bit anyway. I wont be scared to ride trails like normal.[/quote:asehz6kl]

You know, I ran no air box dual foam filter in the rain for about a 4 hour ride. I will say no dirt got by and the filter was soaking wet, luckly I oiled it. I would never do this with a k and n style as they seem to go to pot when you get them wet, even though I run one now. I personally wouldn't worry to much about it unless you go crossing water seat deep.

I just turned a grille lighter into a minature flamethrower and used the head of a sledgehammer to shape it. Didn't melt a hole in it or anything, although i did start off melting the wrong spot.

I would never do this with a k and n style as they seem to go to pot when you get them wet, even though I run one now. I personally wouldn't worry to much about it unless you go crossing water seat deep.

Well I have a k&n and my warrior sees this alot so watertight integrity is key for me to say the least lol
049.jpg

Same here....thats why i took a super long time to make the bottem of this...if it even leaks ill be pissed.....that river streem thing is like the one out by my house excecpt its a little deeper.

If you dont want it to leak the fill the bottom of the box with window caulking. Put a good heavy bead of grease around your lid o ring too.

Back