Bad mechanics

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lieuht

Reaction score
So i bought a warrior for 400$ was told it was all good and ran great and it even came with a complete seperate motor for free but it had a bad rod. Pull started it and it started and ran good for a minute and i turned it off to fix the starter clutch and when i opened up the side of the motor i got pretty worried. First off none of the bolts were more than finger tight then when i get into it i notice the cam chain guide is out of the groove that holds it and wedged betweed it and the chain. Went to pop the head off to fix it and all the bolts are tightened to different torques. Now im worried because he told me he put a hotcam (wasnt sure what stage) and measured the bore. So much for an easy fix

:argh:

Did it happen to look like the picture below? I just finished replacing a top end on a motor that was hacked up like that. We found the chain guide jammed down by the crank. The piston had DENTS on it... one of the last owners hit a valve with the piston, replaced the valves but kept the busted up piston and messed up head. You can see the carbon buildup over the dents.. it had been running that way for 2 years.
chain.jpg

piston.jpg

Ya it was just like that luckily i was able to just loosen the head and lift it up an 1/8 inch and slip the guide into place and ya for 400 bucks you cant really beat that.

Back