backfiring through carb and won't go back down to idle

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you could try spraying the intake boot with WD-40 while it's running and if the idle changes you know the boot is bad

This might be a stupid question but does it have to be a spring out of a Bic pen and if it does then like which pic pen? Lol thanks

Well i found a couple pens (not bic) and one spring was longer than the other so I didn't know if there was a certain one

So I got it back together and just put the old intake boot on it and I used the longer spring I found. I don't think it was quite long enough or strong enough. But anyways it idles a lot better than it did but it'll idle perfect for a little bit then it'll randomly start revving up. Could that be that intake boot?

I did that with starting spray the other day and a couple seconds after i sprayed it, it started revving but but it was hard to tell if it was because of the spray or it doing it by itself

Bad intake boot. Pull the bowl off the carb and see what main jet is in there too. It should be a 147.5-155 main jet. If its a stock 145 then you are also running lean.

Just go to the atv shop and ask for a 150 through 160 jets they are cheap and Idk what you have done but I run mine with a 155

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

It has a slip on muffler and k&n air filter. I haven't added anything to it, it's the way I got it.

Also forgot to say that there was some smoke coming from around the carb when I shut if off after running

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Back