Back in action finally...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boxhead

Reaction score
Finally completed the rebuild and I'm almost done with the nos kit. I picked up the pressure guage, rebuilt the motor with the 10.75 JE, and installed the race profile webcam and stiffer springs. As previously mentioned I stripped the paint off the head and cylinder completely, looks much better now. The only bad news is that I couldn't get it started on Friday (and it ended up just being a bum battery once again!!!), so I wasn't able to break it in at Bull Gap. The good part about it was I got to ride my friends elka suspended z400 for the weekend, very good substitute. The power was actually the same on the z400 as my old setup with the stock motor components on my warrior, the only difference was a lighter front end. Goes to show how well these old 80's motors can run afterall. As for the break in I'll be headed back up to bull gap in two weeks, and afterwards the nitro trial will take place. Once I run the nitro I'll post some good hillclimb vids of a warrior kicking the **** out of a assortment of larger bore machines (if it doesn't blow the gasket out!!!).

sick. get us some pics of the thing too man...

a lot of effort into this thing. i wish you the best of luck and i hope she holds up well.

I will very soon, everything is almost back together. I had to undo the wire harness because I forgot to hang it back up and it melted a bit on the motor during the 4000+rpm cam break in, after that's fixed I'll post the pics.

Not very spacious with the nitrous lines and wires in there, the whole space around the carb is taken up with both.

Latest posts

Back