Back Fires PROBLEM!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DLyon

Reaction score
Hey guys Im hoping someone had this problem before and got to fix it quik...Last time i rode my warriorit stated having problems while on neutral and while trying to run it.It backfires when I accelerate it and its does not have no powr at all.It just feels the same way as when you wheelie it and there's too much gas on the carb,but Im very shure is not the carb.Has someonehad this problem before? If someone did please letme know how you got to fix it...Thanks in advanced....

Have you inspected your intake manifolt (bolts to cylinder head) to see if it is spit?

We checked all the wiring,stator,time chain...I haven't checked that...The time chain was moved a little and we put it back in the right place but it still does the same thing...Ill check the intake manifolt and ill get back at you with an answer...Thanks!!!

Cam timing was a bit off and it back backfires? I smell a broken flywheel key :argh: Or a chain that is due to be replaced..

I like to type too much so ignore the rest of this post if you know that its not the problem. :eek:

Remove the small timing cap (the round plastic cap above the flywheel housing). Remove the sparkplug. Remove the left plastic cover and turn the crank with a wrench. Have someone look down the sparkplug hole with a flashlight and watch the piston come up SLOWLY. When it's as high as it will go confirm the flywheel is still showing "T" If it's no longer showing "T" when the piston as at the top then the woodruff key sheared. The key is just to index the flywheel. If your flywheel bolt came loose or you stalled the motor at high RPMs it can bust that key and cause the flywheel to come out of time.. in turn making it spark at the wrong time.

check your parking brake!! I had the same sort of symptoms and it turned out to be the parking brake. It was stuck in the engaged position which limits the revs.

Hope this helps :)

I keep forgetting about the parking brake ****. Don't have to worry about that with a 1st gen!

if he really wants to its not the symptoms of low comp but a valve goul be stuck open
thats why i said do a leakdown test, the pressure is gonna come out one of the valves if thats his problem

Latest posts

Back