Back brakes

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2fast4urass2005

Reaction score
:-/K just put a new set of brakes on and they arent working worth a **** :mad:I bled the line and still a no go I mean they work but the wont lock up how they once did I have to really press hard to get it to lock up wayyy to hard any ideal guy's???

Did you replace the rotor? If not has the rotor ever gotten really hot? If so you could have glazed the rotor which wil cause poor and weak braking.

are your pads clean and free of grease etc....it might just take a little while for them to sit right and work like they are new....also you may have to bleed them more, my cousins 400ex took like 20minutes to 1/2 hour to get them to have any pressure

i had to change my front brake lines due to a dumbass pitbull that thought they were a chew toy, but it took forever to get pressure and now my front right wheel will kinda lock up but the front left won't...haven't tried to bleed it lately so i dunno what to tell ya..kind of a pointless post but i figured i would just say something lol..good luck at fixing the problem though!!

I just ordered a braided back brake line just for better braking ima try ans bleed more tomorrow and about the rotor never thought about it but maybe that will be my next step is slick as a baby's butt i do ride road's alot..Than's for the help so far guy's

Ya man the first time I did my rear brakes it took forever to bleed em right! I thought I fucked em up, but it just took a lot longer than I figured! I would try and bleed em some more if it is not your rotor!

What the heck are you guys doing that you need to bleed your brakes after you change the pads? I've never had to bleed mine after changing brakes. I'm just curious cause it seems odd......

if u take the caliper off you would but other than that i dont know why they do i usually just press the caliper down put the new ones in and put it all back together and hit the pedal till it sets the pads

Back