baby got new shocks (a arms too)

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastlywarrior228

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
now all i need is some +2+1 long travel a arms that im tryin to build ;D
yfzshocks.jpg

congratulations! if your building a-arms and find a place to buy ball joints that bolt directly to the steering knuckle, let me know, i need to find some.

im workin with sideways on it, at school we use lt250r balljoints on our cars but ill have to do more investigating on where we get them. how do you shorten these puppies 91

if you want to bolt them up to stock a-arms i had to lift the front end up in the air and unbolt the bottom a-arm from the steering knuckle and separate them, this way the bottom a-arm is hanging down. i then just bolted the shock up in the stock mounts, put a wood block under the a-arm and slowly let the weight of the warrior compress the shock and getting the ball joint back into the steering knuckle the whole way then putting the nut back on. the hardest part is getting the ball joint to separate from the steering knuckle.

do lt250r ball joints bolt right to the steering knuckle without reaming them out? if i can find some ball joints i have someone that will help me make a-arms out of chromoly, just need to find some ball joints.

Hey those shocks look just like mine. Major improvement with some extended a-arms. I'm running the +3+1 Wickeds

yea if i were to buy some a-arms, id get wicked. i have researched and those are the ones i like. where did you guys get the +3+1 though? i can only find the +2 from wicked.

but yea ball joints are what seem to be the slow process. but i looked nt the link section on this site and found some places that do sell just ball joints, but they are $35 just for one, that would be expensive and till you buy chromoly you will have at least $200 just in those materials.

are you going to mount these up on your stock a-arms?

Ball joints ! Im having night mares about these things . I have made some progress finding some lately . $19 each . Im still looking into others . Nice shocks though - you coulda got mine for $120 Oh well

I ordered them straight from Wicked Products. I went and picked them up from his shop, their shop is only like 50min from house. He is near Hurley, MO or a more familiar area, Nixa,MO.

since your ont he topic of a arms, i saw a guy on youtube a whiule back with a a warrior, and he was running 400ex a-arms, so i looke dat htemon ebay, and it kinda does look like they would just bolt up with little to no modification, besides tierods. im tempted to ask somebody selling a stock pair to ge thte dimsions from like every part of it for me...

Back