axle.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

02yfm350

Reaction score
is the rear axle supposed to move a bit when you wiggle it? or is it supposed to be tight and not move? ???

you cant tighten it and axel barrings for pivot works are 32$ for a set of barrings and seals.. I ususaly wait till might get about a half inch of play int hen them i replace them

k, well it didn't wiggle that much. We'll just keep an eye on it and if it gets to half an inch.. my dad will replace them :D

a half an inch of play would be waaaayyy too much. just replace them now they need replaced.

well we'll see. I'm probly not going to be doing too much riding now cause it keeps raining and never dries up.. so i'll talk to my dad.

Just replace them now, its better to pay 25 bucks or so now instead of buying a new axle later.

Is the play up and down, forward to back. or is it side to side (left to right) If the play is only side to side then its not your bearings, its the axle nuts. If the play is forward to back and up and down then its your bearings.

"IF" it only moves side to side a little bit, something is loose. I highly doubt it though. If it moves up and down, and/or front to back replace them now. I rode mine a little when I knew they were bad, and all the bearings ended up inside the sleeve and destroyed it.

Just replace the bearings now, their cheap, and I've seen it a million times, people wait until their bearing carrier glows red, then their like oh **** somthing wrong.

crap that means i need to replace my bearings.... damnit i have no idea how to do that

ok, so i'll go check if it moves up and down. if it doesn't, we have to tighten something? it only moves like a quarter of an inch from side to side.

Yea replacing bearings is easy unless they are rusted in like one of mine was when i replaced them like 2 months ago.

One of my hubs was loose from th axle causing mine to move side to side. Which reminds me it still is....need to get that taken care of.

Latest posts

Back