Axle removal help!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior02

Reaction score
I have the hub off, the break caliper off and the sprocket off and the axle doesn't seem to slide out. Am I missing some sort of clip or something? Someone please help.

did rou take the axle nuts off? if so flip the castle nut for the hub over and thread it on flush with the end of the axle now hold a 2x4 up thre and whale on it with a sledge hammer it should come after a lil bit

usually works best if someone is pulling on the axle from the end its supposed to slide out and you doing what dune suggested

The sprocket size bearing is completely shot. The right side is sort of loose but not so bad.

I had a lot of trouble getting mine off the other day. Ended up using a long pipe that would slide over the axle and was whacking on the pipe to the carrier to slide it off. The real fun for me was trying to get the brake side bearing off. I ended up putting the carrier in a press at work to force it out. Had it not been for the press I would probably still be trying to get it out. Picks of the sprocket side bearing are on the broke it thread.

damn. Neglected quads, so sad. When you do get it apart. Fill the whole carrier and that section of the axle with plenty of grease!

HEY DEAD!! Not my fault, I bought it as a project. While I am waiting on my new bearings, I have already sandblasted off all the rust from inside, and put a light coat of paint to prevent it from happening again. Same thing for under the hubs.... When I go to put it back together, it will certainly be LOADED with grease....

HEY DEAD!! Not my fault, I bought it as a project. While I am waiting on my new bearings, I have already sandblasted off all the rust from inside, and put a light coat of paint to prevent it from happening again. Same thing for under the hubs.... When I go to put it back together, it will certainly be LOADED with grease....

Also install a zerk in the carrier so you can keep it greased. Both mine are done and the bearings in the 98 have no play and they have been in longer than Ive had it

Its cool dude. I wasn't blaming you at all. Its just so common that a warrior gets neglected because of the fact that there so durable and lasting. regular maintenance gets but to the wayside.

I got it off guys. Put a ton of liquid wrench in there and a bunch of hard hits with the sledge hammer and it came out. Thanks for the help.

Back