axel roblems,need help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

token

Reaction score
hello,this past wkend while rideing,i wound up throwing the chain on my 2000.blew a bearing in the axle houseing, and didnt know ,it also cracked the case by the front sprocket. that is not the issue,i think i can fix that. The trouble i am haveing is,i cannot get the steel sleeve to come off of the axel to change the bearings.i have soaked it for 2 days now ,and it still will not move.any sugestions would be greatly helpfull.thanks in advance. :'(

you try try clamping the sleeve and rotating the axle yet? I cant believe your still having problems with it. If so and you still haven't gotten it to move, cut that bitch and look for a new one.

Heat it up, beat the **** out of it. Always worked for me, some need to be abused more than others.

well,i did not get the sleeve off. the bearring that was bad was on the left side.i asked the local shop about it ,they said they could press it off.but that cost$$$ that i dont have,so i just bought 1 bearring and 1 oil seal,then put back together.Rode at our local spot(wellsvile,oh.)yesterday ,and it seemed to work just fine.so im back in buiseness,now to get a starter so i can stop parkin on hills. ;D ;D

Keep up on maintenance, it'll get many times more costly if you don't. You just witnessed a good example, hell just mow a couple lawns or some stupid **** if you need a little extra $$$.

Latest posts

Back