awesome cheap tire option

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vice108

Reaction score
I just picked up a set of new Rhino tire take-offs for less than $100. They are Maxxis M951, 952 tires. They are 25x8x12 and 25x10x12. I'm amazed at the improvement over the stock tires! They claw through anything, improve ground clearance, and are a night and day improvement in the mud. This is a great cheap alternative to buying after-market tires. I see them for sale cheap all the time by people who want to go bigger than 25" on their new Rhinos. You can check out the pattern at dennis kirk if you're interested.

What kind of riding do you do with them? For the price it sounds like a good upgrade but I would want them to be good for my type of riding... Otherwise I would spend my money on different tires

Just general trail riding and also snow plowing in the winter. They handle the mud MUCH better than the original tires, although I'm not one to intentionally go "mudding."

i have done this also, as you said, night and day, mud i would have had to be in 4wd standing and rocking the quad, now i can sit down and put put right thru in 2wd, amazing what just tires will do

Mudlites

I was all set to probably put mudlites on after the stocks went to crap,, but after reading this i dont know. Anyone run both and could give a comparison? I run mainly trails with rocks and hillclimbs and I ALWAYS look for a good mudhole! thanks.

Ok are your talking about take offs... the TIRES ? Or the WHEELS ? or i assume both? I found a set local. I dont know if the rims will fit my bike or not. Somebody let me know please and thank you.

I picked up a set of Maxxis that came off a 360 Prarie which are 95% new they are better than my Bald Stock Tires but Thats It. They are probably not the same tire as the Rhino because the ones I got SUCK!. MudLights are waaaay Better!

Latest posts

Back