Autoclutch grabs at idle

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhetor

Reaction score
Hi guys. I've just acquired a 95 wolverine 350 and it is difficult to shift and to find neutral. It seems like the autoclutch is engaging too strong at idle. Is it normal for the atv to chug forward at idle? It will even roll up a small incline when you let go of the brakes. The idle is already fairly low, any lower and it will stall when you put it into gear. Not sure what type of oil is in there either

thanks, i'll give that a shot. is it normal for the atv to pull forward at idle when in gear, like a car with an automatic transmission does? similarly, you need to keep a fair amount of pressure on the brake to keep it from moving and the idle speed drops considerably when put into gear.

No that's not normal at all, mine sits like a car in nuetral with no throttle and the idle doesn't really change when I put it in gear.

it doesn't pull forward in neutral just when I put it into gear. maybe the autoclutch springs are shot. or maybe a more slippery oil would work too.

The wrong kind of oil would make it slip oposed to grabing harder, if it has regular automobile oil in it the fristion modifiers in the oil will make the wet clutch slip. But yeah even when mines in gear it stays put unless I'm givin it throttle, I would jus try decreasing the clutch using that nut I told ya about

maby you idle speed are too high , primary clutch engage at a specific engine speed, try adjust the idle speed first . or maby you have a broken clutch spring.

maby the secondery clutch adjustment it not corect, adjust the secondary clutch screw like specified in the manual

x2 for WolvyRida

Back