ASR tie rod

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have those and they are great.. had them for prolly 10 months, havent had any issue yet. check around some more, youll prolly find them cheaper somewhere else. i dont remember how much i paid but i deffly didnt pay that much for em. i may have even got them off of EBAY

I run them too, super strong and well built. I got them as a gift last year. I highly suggest them if you run a-arms.

The heim ends will wear out eventually, and even brand new they have more play than a regular ball joint. I don't see the benefit of heim ends, more maintenance, shorter lifespan, and they cost more. Get a set of 12mm thread rods and ends on ebay for about $100 and you'll never break another one without trashing the whole front end.

I know this might be different but we run heims on our dirt late model and their on the steering and some of the suspension components. We have only replaced one because of an accident. We spray PB Blaster on all the heims joints before the car out to the track and right before the feature when we do a nut and bolt check. The heims have been on the car since 06 and they stand up to our punishment. The heims on the rear stand up to our 800 horsepower alum dry sump race engine. I firmly believe if you take care of them they will be fine.

Yeah, I agree that if you take care of them they will be fine. The point i'm trying to make though is that they require constant maintenance because they're not sealed to keep out dirt, water, and other contaminants which will eat them up if you aren't constantly lubricating them. On a race car you're usually making less than a 30 minute run between stops and they can be taken care of that way, and the joints aren't subjected to a lot of contaminants under normal conditions. You go on a long ride with a quad and those things could be covered with mud and water for hours and hours before you get a chance to clean them off again, which will eat the heim ends alive. Get some standard 12mm ball joint ends and they will literally last 30 years with no maintenance. I've replaced broken tie rod ends with used ones from the local shop and ebay that were 20 years old and still smooth and tight like they were brand new, and you don't need to spray the things down with lube every time dirt touches them.

I'm all about saving money and saving time with the quads, less time working=more time riding. You can get a good 12mm kit for $100 and never touch the things again for the life of the quad, so my question is what reason does anybody have to get heim ends if there is a cheaper, easier alternative?

Latest posts

Back