Aren't these supposed to come apart?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YAMAHAULER

Reaction score
so when I removed these 2 peices from the 02 motor they came of the crank shaft separately but when I took the off the 92 as you can see they don't come apart and the starter clutch don't spin freely where as the 02's spun freely this one is locked tight.
2012-03-05184148.jpg

its the starter gear. and in the flywheel is a one way bearing. so it spins one direction only. you should be able to pull them apart. and dont forget the needle bearing that goes on the crank and the starter gear.

its the starter gear. and in the flywheel is a one way bearing. so it spins one direction only. you should be able to pull them apart. and dont forget the needle bearing that goes on the crank and the starter gear.
I already swapped the starter gear and flywheel and stator from my 02 motor to the 92 motor and yes I have the needle bearing sitting on the table this was out of the 92 motor and the starter gear don't spin at all it's like it's welded to the flywheel it was a bitch to get off the shaft with the puller and a impact the 02 one slid right off with barely pulling the trigger

the starter clutch but i may not be bad just locked up .... spilt them with a chisel and hammer but dont just beat on it take your time

the starter clutch but i may not be bad just locked up .... spilt them with a chisel and hammer but dont just beat on it take your time
I know when the motor was in the 92 when I'd shut it off it would clunk hard so very well could be the starter clutch bearings right?

Mine was doing the same thing when I replaced my starter clutch. I took the six allen bolts holding the starter clutch to the flywheel out and used a big flat head screw driver to get it off of the gear. It came off pretty easy that way.

Seems to be locked on pretty darn good don't want to tap on it too much more gonna try letting it soak in some liquid wrench for the night:tup:

Maybe that was part of your 02's issue. They 87 flywheel that was in my motor had the 6 bolts and the 98 flywheel that was in my old red one had them.

Maybe that was part of your 02's issue. They 87 flywheel that was in my motor had the 6 bolts and the 98 flywheel that was in my old red one had them.
the 02 had them but the two parts came apart without taking the bolts out and the 02's starter gear spun freely the one way unlike the 92's starter gear that only moved with the flywheel

those bolts dont hold it together gosh get it together man! your starter clutch on the 92's flywheel is shot and has the gear locked on it ( my 02 did it a year ago) best way to change it is unbolt the one way then pry it off and hope the gear isnt eat up if it is its a bitch to find a good one used.

those bolts dont hold it together gosh get it together man! your starter clutch on the 92's flywheel is shot and has the gear locked on it ( my 02 did it a year ago) best way to change it is unbolt the one way then pry it off and hope the gear isnt eat up if it is its a bitch to find a good one used.
I never said they hold them together 1998yamahawarrior did (no offense 98)

Back