Are there any ways to mod the stock carb for increased flow & performance.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I here of peeps boring out carbs on there banshees and 250r, so I would think it could be done to these carbs also but I don't think a stock or close to stock motor would benefit from it

Hmm, the boring doesn't hardly sound worth the investment but maybe slimming the butterfly shaft, idk. I don't want to invest a dollar in this thing, wanna get my junk together & get myself an FCR but I thought if there were any free mods for it I'd give em a shot!

clicker spring instead of stock spring on the accel pump, little better throttle responce. there is a few threads about it

The design of the stock carb is the problem. The best bet carb wise is to just upgrade the carb to an edel if you can get one or a z400 or a FCR carb.

you could try taking the butterfly out but you would haveto leave the shaft because the accl pump and idel work off that shaft the choke on these has nothing to do with airflow there are 3 venturies in the motor side of the carb it idels off the big one and the choke is the other 3 so removing the choke is pointless on these

Any body fooled around with any porting or honeing of the carb to increase the diam and better the flow?

Back