anyone with aftermarket a-arms...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamarider

Reaction score
anybody with aftermarket a-arms, specifically +2's, i'd appreciate it if you could put up a pic or 2 of your front end setup. I'm trying to figure out what part of my setup is so different and wacked out that it's eating tie rod ends like candy. I have a feeling it has something to do with the mounts on the arms being located or angled wrong, something like that.

kool your in York? We gotta ride sometime..

Yeah i'm down here in york. Where are you at? I haven't had much time to ride lately, and the quad's been down, but soon as I get this front suspension fixed i'll probably try to get a group ride together. Unless Paragon is back in business by then, it'll probably be either Tower City or Rausch Creek. I haven't been to either of those in ages but they're both cool places to ride.

Does this help at all??

Picture037_edited.jpg

What kind of ends are you running? I think you did a thread on that a while back. Are they ASR's? I've heard the honda ends are the best to run.

Yakuza, thanks for the pic. That's exactly what I wanted to see, even though i'm still baffled about why i'm having trouble, because my setup doesn't seem different at all.

The tie rod ends themselves are not the root of the problem. Honda tie rod ends don't make a difference, because they still have the same range of motion as any other yamaha or aftermarket one except for heim joints. The totally fubared set on it now is the honda- style ends. I dropped the quad off at the local shop yesterday, and when he makes a parts run into Burgard sometime next week he's going to get the guys that build the damn things to look at it and try to come up with a solution.

But is it for the raptor or the warrior because the foot pegs are different.
Thanks

Aftermarket arms don't come with grease fittings. Yamaha is really the only manufacturer that even puts them on from the factory.

I was running the ASR ProRacer tie rod kit on mine and loved them. Strong as hell and an infinite range of motion. The shifter was a cheap Tusk one from RMATV that I got for $15, it was originally for a YZ250.

What kind of camber are you putting on your tires? Think that may be wreaking havoc on your tie rod ends?

Sorry, I can't really post any pics. I have the lonestar arms which use '87 Warrior ball joints; therefore not any good to you. Just trying to figure out what factors may be causing your problems.

I'm barely running any camber anymore, maybe a few degrees of negative camber, it definitely shouldn't be enough to cause any trouble.

Aftermarket arms don't come with grease fittings. Yamaha is really the only manufacturer that even puts them on from the factory.

Polaris also has grease zerks on all their sport machine a-arms and axles.

do you still need more pics... i have a 2002 warrior with +2 ASR arms... pm me with what pics you want and i can take them... i have been running mine for 2 years and never had any problems and i run a few degrees of camber...

Back