Anyone still run stock tires?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JakeBloom

Reaction score
So I've been looking into wheels and tires for the Warrior recently. My Warrior's wheel/tire situation is kind of odd. On the rear, there is one stock wheel and one aftermarket, and in the front there is one stock wheel and one aftermarket also. The right front tire is on backwards, so the rotation arrow is pointing the opposite direction that the tire actually rotates. (All of this was like this when I got it)

Anyways, I figured the cheapest route to fix the situation was to buy an OEM rear wheel and an OEM front wheel (ebay of course), while fixing the backwards tread on the right-front tire. However, I was also thinking that eventually I might want to upgrade my tires too, because I think any aftermarket tire would be a major improvement over the goofy baloon-like stock rear tires. Plus, my Warrior is a '90, so I don't think my 23-year-old tires are performing too great compared to what brand new ones would do.

So anyways, who still runs stock tires? I would assume people with new Raptors will probably still have the OEM ones, but I think people with the old Warriors like me will mostly be running aftermarket tires. Would it make sense to put aftermarket tires on stock rims? Or should I just buy four new wheels and then eventually four new tires? Any input is appreciated.

I have a pair of Rap 350 stockers on the back of the Warrior, they work ok and they were freebies so I figured is wear em out! For a cheap tire I like the MX trak from Artrak I think it is. Good budget tire that works very well and looks cool too!

If you want to save money go with stock Dunlops. You could prob pick up a rear tire new for less than $70, HOWEVER like they say above stock doesn't hold up very well. They are magnets for sharp rocks, nails, etc.

For a few dollars more you could get some better tires with much nicer tread, better all around for traction.

I picked up my razrs on craigslist on really nice rims for 100.00. 3/4 tread left.

im running kenda klaw xcr on the rear and dunlops on the front. I had OEM front tires on the front and they stayed flat all the time, so i waited around and kept checking the clearance and closeout sections and finally found me a set. If you can get a aftermarket set for cheap, but at the same time, a reliable tire, then i would get the set, but its all up to you.

i just picked up a nice set of Maxxis all tracks on reienforced rims on ebay for $175 they still have alot of life in them and are not plugger or anything. i'm also running stock front and have no complaints with them they work fine for the riding i do.

I run Carlisle Badlands on mine just because they were on when I got it, but they seem to be good tires, have a similar tread to the rzrs and holeshots. I don't know if they are less expensive or not.

I'm running stock tires on mine right now, 2 different treads.. Gonna grab some Holeshots hopefully before summer.

Latest posts

Back