Anyone own a lowered truck??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bag it :tup: then you can get the good road stance and lower it when you want to hug the ground and also will make the truck handle like a Cadillac if you get the right set up.. i like lower trucks a had a few myself and cars too. at least this way you can control the way it looks and ride's and you wont have to worry about dragging and such :slayer:

Bag it :tup: then you can get the good road stance and lower it when you want to hug the ground and also will make the truck handle like a Cadillac if you get the right set up.. i like lower trucks a had a few myself and cars too. at least this way you can control the way it looks and ride's and you wont have to worry about dragging and such :slayer:
No bags... Their to expensive.
If I do drop it, the most I was thinking is maybe some helper bags for the back. I still want to haul **** around with it. So I don't wanna modify the bed, I don't wanna have tanks all over, and no body drop bs..

my coworker has bags on his Rumble bee dodge ram and its bad ass he has a controller and can rase or lower any side or corner of the truck buy remote, has the air pump system, when he wants to lower it he just hits the button and down it gos then hit the button and it pumps right back up, he said it was like 400 for the pump system..but not the bags, i dont no how much they cost him.

4-5 or 4-6 looks good to me but I like my **** low. Drop it till it looks dropped or leave it be .anything in between looks awkward. Just figure out what the equivalent of the 255/60-15 is and translate that to a an 18. You'll be straight then.

Last edited:
4-5 or 4-6 looks good to me but I like my **** low. Drop it till it looks dropped or leave it be .anything in between looks awkward. Just figure out what the equivalent of the 255/60-15 is and translate that to a an 18. You'll be straight then.
I agree. If your gonna drop it, go all the way...

A 255/60r15 is 26.04 inches tall.
A 235/50r18 is 27.25
, and a 285/45r18 is 28.10.

If you ever wanna know tire heights just go here. http://www.jekylhyderacing.com/HeightofTires.htm

Last edited:
Slam that mofo!!!! They look so sick slammed. In high school I drove a 62 ford that wouldnt fit a back of smokes under the frame. Drove it like that for 5 years. Slam it!

Iv got a 91 s-10 long bed, its dropped 3 in the rear and 1 1/2 maybe 2 in the front Setting on low pro 15's.. Its low enough for me I drag all the time around here, if I lived in the city maybe but still a good pot hole will get ya.. Iv got stuck on a gravel not much bigger than my fist b4, also the exaust didn't last a week had to put a whole new system on from the donut gaskets back.. I would NOT go any lower with my s-10 with out bags !!!!! As far as making it easier to work on its a MOtha to get under and even change oil had to but a new low pro jack just to get it up in the air...

Dont get me wrong I love my little truck but I would do alot of measuring b4 goin any lower without bags.. I just put some drop blocks on the back and heated the front springs (total cost about 50 bucks) and it didnt mess with the camber. Any lower and I would have prob had to put spindles on it..

I dont mean to sound rude, but what's the point of lowering a truck? I'd think that lowering it pretty much kills what that truck can do, as far as clearance anyway?.. Never really understood it..

I dont mean to sound rude, but what's the point of lowering a truck? I'd think that lowering it pretty much kills what that truck can do, as far as clearance anyway?.. Never really understood it..
My truck has long outlived it's purpose. I have a new truck, and dropped a hot motor in my old GMC.. So I decided to play around with it.
It needs new springs, shocks, and a few other things. It's actually cheaper to buy the drop kit, than to buy all new oem parts.
I kinda like the look of a dropped truck to. Why not be a little different?

I can get you some pics of my truck when I had it. It was a 97 chevy 1500 with a 2/6 drop on 20's 275/45 tire. Never bottomed out and rode great. Used springs in front and flip kit in back.

Can you run the 5/7 without notching the frame?
I like the stance of the 4/6 drop on the one above.
I had a '94 S10 with 5/5 static drop and it rode fine. Belltech 3" coils/2" spindles front and 3" leafs/2" blocks rear.

I dunno if you ever check out any of the shows around there, a buddy of mine went to this one in Lethbridge.

http://www.minitruckscene.com/dropsicles-sideshow-2011-show-coverage

His is the Green S10 on the 3rd page of pictures. That was just after he did the body drop. He's done colorado tails and some other stuff since then.

I liked my stuff lowered.

20130125_203928.jpg

20130125_204317.jpg

20130125_204356.jpg

20130125_204448.jpg

20121220_115839.jpg

Can you run the 5/7 without notching the frame?
I like the stance of the 4/6 drop on the one above.
I had a '94 S10 with 5/5 static drop and it rode fine. Belltech 3" coils/2" spindles front and 3" leafs/2" blocks rear.

I dunno if you ever check out any of the shows around there, a buddy of mine went to this one in Lethbridge.

http://www.minitruckscene.com/dropsicles-sideshow-2011-show-coverage

His is the Green S10 on the 3rd page of pictures. That was just after he did the body drop. He's done colorado tails and some other stuff since then.

On the OBS trucks you have to notch anything lower than 5 inches, but the kit I'm looking at has a weld in notch.

And ya I know of the dropsicle trucks. I'm only a 20 minute drive from Lethbridge. If your buddy wants a real show, this is the one around here.
3 days of muscle & mayhem. :tup: http://www.streetwheelers.com/street-machine-weekend/info.html
Every July.. One of the few things I actually like around here. lol

Yea kid ran me off the road into a power pole. Just put brand new engine and trans in. Didnt even break it in yet. I didnt get hurt so that was good.

Yea only thing that rubbed was the plastic piece in front wheel well that shields engine bay. Just trimmed fit. Guy at tire shop kept telling me they wouldnt fit when he was mounting them. I basically told him he doesnt know what hes talking about. Lo and behold they fit.

Back