Anybody running Mobil 1 Synthetic

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lightningz

Reaction score
I own a 05 Wolvy and was thinking about changing the oil and running the Mobil 1 fully synthetic. I run the Mobil 1 V-twin in my Harley and it really works great. My quad sees more use in the winter months as I use it for ice fishing. My thinking is that since it sits for long periods of time without use that the synthetic would keep the internals coated. Synthetic oil is very good for storage due to that fact. I do run it from time to time, but it doesn't get near the use as it does through out the winter.

I was also wondering if I should go with the rear diff. vent from Suzuki that I've read about due to the fact that I ride thru snow and slush during the season.

Attachments

• GEDC0258.jpg
    GEDC0258.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 15
I would stick to a good high quality motorcycle oil, like Maxima, Bel Ray, etc.

I was also wondering if I should go with the rear diff. vent from Suzuki that I've read about due to the fact that I ride thru snow and slush during the season

I think we do this because the wolvies tend to spit fluid out of the tube and thats very annoying and stinks. I did mine because of this had nothing to due with water leaking in there.

I used mobile one for a while. It is ok. Right now I'm trying royal purple in one machine and amisol in the other. Both for wet clutch application. Make sure what ever you do, use oil for wet clutch if that is what you have. So far, amisol motorcycle oil has performed the best.

I tried them all on my KLR that chews oil as if that's what it was designed to do. The smoothest wet clutch performance with the ZDDT protection to back it up was Redline. As soon as my warranty is up the Yami oil is being drained for Redline. It also makes it run quieter. Try it. You'll like it.

Admin, M1 comes in wet clutch formulas, which is JASO MA or MB. Whatever you use guys, make sure it's JASO certified and says so on the bottle.

Robotaz what year was your KLR? (i'm guessin a kawi KLR right?)

2009. Yes, Kawasaki. I was perfectly happy with it, but I wanted to sell it and replace it with another quad for camping/riding trips with my girl. You lookin' at buying one, or do you have one?

I sold an 03 when i bought a harley. Was an awesome bike thou. mine ate oil too.

I sold an 03 when i bought a harley. Was an awesome bike thou. mine ate oil too.

OH, mine didn't burn any oil at all actually, if that's what you mean. I meant that the engine and wet clutch really chew it up as in break down the oil and the anti-sheering components. If you send your oil off for an analysis you'll see that the best oils only last about 1,500 miles in the KLR.

I lucked out because they changed the rings in '08 and early '09, but then switched them again in later '09. I know mine was after the ring change in '09 because mine didn't have the wiring harness recall. The wiring harness was changed after the rings. So my rings had to have been the second version for '09. It never burned any oil at all so I guess the change worked.

Latest posts

Back