Anybody rebuilt their calipers???

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yakuza

Reaction score
I was planning to go to Switchback Raceway today for a harescramble, but I ended up having some mechanical problems. Front brakes have been a pain since I picked up the EX. I bled them, put new pads on, and am still having problems. My big problem now is that the "slide" mechanism that the caliper attaches to is seized. Before anybody asks I'm not talking about the piston, but the assembly that allows the caliper to "float". So when I hit the front brakes, only one pad is working, which isn't working out too well. I couldn't get that straightened out, and on top of it I broke my clutch cable. Has anybody ever used the kit and rebuilt their calipers? I don't think it would be that hard, but if those slides are seized i don't know how the hell I could get them out?

And BTW, I went to spectate and I saw Angel Atwell there. She's a cutie ;D If anybody doesn't know who she is she's one of the fastest women in the GNCC.

Nobody on here's ever rebuilt their calipers???

yeah that happened to my rear caliper thats why i wanted to buy a new one

the slide actully seized and i destroyed it trying to get the screw out. lol

So ahhhh....what you end up doing? I'm guessing you bought a new one? The rebuild kits are only like $25 so I'm leaning in that direction, just can't figure out how to get the old/seized one out to rebuild it.

Sorry, they're for an EX not a Yamaha. Search on Ebay, that's where I found them. $25 per caliper-not too bad, They come with every part in the caliper except the main body itself. I just don't know if I'll be able to get the original slides out or not.

actully im dealing with the problem now i think im going to just try to rebuild it and buy all the parts that are bad but if not im going to have to buy a new one which sucks

but i did see warrior front calipers on ebay while looking for a rear one im not sure but i think they were around 30 or something not sure if that helps much lol

Back