any problems??????

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matty322

Reaction score
i was wondering if there are any common problems to be aware of with a 1987 warrior

we are doing a atv build for a magazine and i havent really done anything with a warrior before

The wiring harness is different than that of 88-04 and is pain in ass to fix, I have one and I cant figure out the damn harness :-/

i've heard that you can't get aftermarket a-arms for that year..... thats about it i guess

Thats the biggest bummer.

But the swingarm is longer,you get a pull start-backup with a de-compression lever,and (in my opinion)a simpler electrical system

This is my 87-46.5 inches wide(wide enough for me)stock a-arms,1.5" spacers
DSC00703.jpg

Here is what it looked like when we got it

100_2023.jpg

And what it looks like now

100_2147.jpg

Beauty, eh? Looks nice. You paint it yourself? What magazine is this for, cause I'd like to see the feauture on this one.

its gonna be in parts magazine

i will try to post a link when it runs

beware of the carrier. on my friend's 87 and on my old 88 there were 4 separate bolts rather than the 2 larger ones holding the carriers on, it is fairly difficult to get the axle straight and harder to keep it that way. my whole carrier fell off once, threw the chain, and the next thing i knew, my sprocket guard was laying in my nerf bar.

Back