Any of you guys with 87's ever change rear rotor?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fperri302

Reaction score
Cause im having trouble finding one... listings keep starting at 88.. from what i can see in pics the 88-04 rotor looks flat.. the one on my 87 seems to sweep back from where it mounts, almost like the caliper is mounted in a dif position..maybe i can change caliper mounting bracket to use 88+ rotor?? Thanks for any help..
0228001926.jpg

To change the bracket you'd have to change the whole rear carrier and possibly swingarm, bracket is part of the carrier and i don't know if the newer and older carriers are interchangable on the different swingarms. Basically you would be trying to save $100 by spending $200, not really worth it.

Your right the one bracket is welded to carrier asbly.. got to thinking after looking at it closer i might be able to bolt a newer year rotor on and shim the caliper over enough to line up ..

Haha i just looked and rocky mountain dont even have them for an 87 they start at a 88 also. That just sucks!

Back