Any Ginseng Diggers????

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beastmode17

Reaction score
Here in Kentucky its quite a big deal to dig ginseng, blood root, yellow root. I have been digging it since I was a little boy. Its a great peaceful hobby to have and it brings in some extra cash every year. Heres some pics of some bunches of Ginseng I have dug this year. Some of it in the boxes is dry and I have some good pics of some wet. Hope I'm not the only member who does this, Ive seen on other forums some dig it, Just wondering who does it here.

That's all I use it for is to resale it, They are a company that comes here from Ohio once a year and buys it from anyone who chooses to sale it. Every once in a while our local Peking restaurant will buy it. The money is actually pretty good if you have enough of it.

Now, I have never seen, or consumed pure ginseng. But, I LOVE Arizona green tea with ginseng!

Ginseng is used in so many things, A lot of bodybuilding supplements have it them I have no clue how to make it in a herbal supplement form but I have tasted it in bare root form and its nasty lol. I love Arizona green tea!!!

my brother in law goes ginsenging around here in west central WI and makes some pretty good money selling it

I'm flat addicted to Arizona green tea! I usually kill a couple gallons a week. Atleast...

I used to dig when I was timbercutting. Great side chore while your already getting paid to tromp the woods! Good money too...

Awesome fellers glad to know others still dig it, I don't fool with the blood root or yellow root anymore because theres hardly no money to be made, Real good money in ginseng, Last year I made barely under a grand, I consider that good money for a hobby.

That's pretty cool! How do you know where to find it?

Its grows in shady areas, In the swags of the mountains and hills any where you see ferns you are in the right place. The plant don't ever get over a foot tall, Most have small red berries on them which you can replant. The next time I go I will take some pics of the actual plant before I dig it up. A lot of you fellers that live in secure and private areas are probably heavy populated with it. Im curious do any members hunt Dryland fish/ Morel mushrooms??

Hell Yea man!!! I love em, Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Over on Quadzone they are a lot of em, and some are Pro class riders.

LOL I don't know if your referring to scandalous women or actual gold diggers, Ive never dug for actual gold, Ive seen some fellers pan it in Tennessee but that's the closest ive came to it.

I meant women, but was only joking. Drop any woman that's expensive like a bad habit.

Funny thing about the TN gold comment though - I met a guy looking for gold down there hunting last year, Polk county. He was a character.

LOL I hear ya man, Ive had my fair share of gold diggers. What was you huntin in Tennessee?? Have you ever had any elk meat??

Wild boar, deer as a backup. Shot one boar about 4 years ago - none since. It's the real deal finding the hogs down there.

Never had elk, but should be having some Newfoundland moose here in about two weeks!!!

Ive never hunted wild boar but would like to, I work with some fellers that hunt em. Man I love Elk meat, its got a wild taste but good, never had no moose either. Deer huntin is in right now where I live, I went yesterday and no luck. Do you hunt sheds???

Sheds? Haha no... Not sheds or ginseng or any other inanimate objects. Only stuff that I can ventilate, perforate, hydrostatically shock, or otherwise cause to cease living, via high velocity 100% copper projectile. :) :)

Latest posts

Back