Any Ford guys with a WC T5??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gen1Pat

Reaction score
Looking for a World Class T5 from 87-93 5.0L Mustang. Just needs to be a rebuildable core. So, free, or, cheap.

To bad your not looking for one from a 2.3, got one that the 3-4 synchro keys broke and 1-2 synchros are bad. I was/is gonna rebuild possibly, at the moment more $$ than I have.

Yeah that would cost too much to rebuild and swap everything over to handle the torque of a built I6. I need the later WC T5 with the 2.95 first gear, and rated to handle 300ftlbs. It would still get beefed up, but, it's a much better starting point. Summit has the Ford Racing T5Z trans available. Has the gearing I'm looking for, and is rated for 330ftlbs. Should be able to handle a built I6 out of the box.

Excuse me, I need the later WC T5 with the 3.35 first gear, which is rated at 300ftlbs. That would be the only production T5 that I would take. It'd be getting beefed up some anyway, however, a WC T5Z with the 2.95 first gear would be the ****. That trans is rated at 330ftlbs. But, I think that is only available from Ford Racing.

Back