Any clever ideas for fixing seat foam?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Connor

Reaction score
Recently traded for a nice 02 warrior. One of the minor problems is the seat. It obviously needs a new seat cover but there is also a large chunk missing out of the foam that causes me to sit in the spot where the chunk is missing. It wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't just a little too far forward (makes me feels cramped towards the front plastics).

My question is, without having to buy a whole new seat setup, since I cant find the foam by itself anywhere, what can I put in the spot where the chunk is missing? Like any other sort of foam? I was thinking of cutting up one of those dollar foam footballs and sitting the pieces in there to fill in the hole. Maybe glue or tape the foam into position and then cover it up with the new seat cover.

If you guys have any ideas it would be great.

Honestly that's a good idea, local upholstery shops sale blocks of foam you could check that out if the foam from the football isn't helping. When applying the foam get some Very good spray adhesive so it will stick to the previous foam and also your new seat cover.

I cut my seat foam and glued in a piece of 1 1/2" thick neoprene foam. It feels alot nicer than stock. If that would be what your looking for and want to pay for the ride pm me. I also have a good seat with a black and red cover I can get rid of.

Recently traded for a nice 02 warrior. One of the minor problems is the seat. It obviously needs a new seat cover but there is also a large chunk missing out of the foam that causes me to sit in the spot where the chunk is missing. It wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't just a little too far forward (makes me feels cramped towards the front plastics).

My question is, without having to buy a whole new seat setup, since I cant find the foam by itself anywhere, what can I put in the spot where the chunk is missing? Like any other sort of foam? I was thinking of cutting up one of those dollar foam footballs and sitting the pieces in there to fill in the hole. Maybe glue or tape the foam into position and then cover it up with the new seat cover.

If you guys have any ideas it would be great.

I use the foam in a can.. Put some in the area let it dry it will rise so then cut and shape it to your seat..

i cut up some foam pieces and spray glued them into the areas i needed. i went a step further and got a piece of my moms quilt batting or poly-fill and put a layer on top of the whole seat and reupholstered with one of the kits. it took some work to get the cover on but damn its comfy!

i cut up some foam pieces and spray glued them into the areas i needed. i went a step further and got a piece of my moms quilt batting or poly-fill and put a layer on top of the whole seat and reupholstered with one of the kits. it took some work to get the cover on but damn its comfy!

That sounds like a great idea. Im all for a comfy seat. Would the spray foam in a can no be hard? Are you talking about like the gap filler thats yellow?

its like putting wheels on your couch. i wonder about the density of that spray foam. im going to keep that in mind for my next seat job. my friend needs it done but hes lost so much he just needs a new seat. lucky for him you can find decently priced 250ex seats all day long.

Last edited:
That sounds like a great idea. Im all for a comfy seat. Would the spray foam in a can no be hard? Are you talking about like the gap filler thats yellow?

Yes the yellow stuff it works good... It will out last your stock foam.. Ive done it to a few seats one was missing half the seat and it worked perfect..

Latest posts

Back