Another starting problem PLZ HELP

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamhollywood

Reaction score
So I wanna start by thanking everyone for there help with past issues with this bike (98 Warrior), but now i got a new one. I just replaced the starter a cpl weeks ago because i was having to push start the bike after a few weeks of riding after replacing new stator, coil, and cdi. So after replacing the starter (used one from another 98 bike i bought for parts) I got a cpl good weekends of riding. Well this weekend i go to start the bike and nothing so go thru the basics well starter is bad figured out. Now when i push start the bike it fires right up no problem there, but when I pull the clutch to shift to nuetral or any other gear it dies. WTH is going on anyone got a clue???????:argh:

I think you have a wire going to ground some were check the wires comeing out on the cdi I've seen them rub the frame and go to ground there or it could be a safty switch

yeah i checked the CDI everything looked fine. the neutral and reverse switch has been disconnected never had a problem before one thing i did do was take the plastic cover on the handle bars off that holds the N and R indicator lights.

ok i just looked at my ignition system diagram in the service manual it looks like one of the wires runs back to the CDI so i am gonna put the bulb back in and try it again.

Ya that neutral light has something to do with the ignition I forget what but make sure there's not any wires on the harnes that's rubbed through

Back