Another rebuild project by RatchRacing

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratchracing

Reaction score
Well, I've been away from the forums lately, busy with work and busy rebuilding an old dirtbike

Its an old harescrambles bike, a 1981 Yamaha IT175. I have no before pics but I basically got it in a box and rebuilt it. Not bad shape for a quick and cheap rebuild.

-Rebuilt engine (w/ Wiseco Piston)
-new EBC brakes
-new wheel bearings
-new chain and sprockets
-handlebars

Thats basically it, I'd get some new plastics because the old ones are hammered pretty good but Yamaha discontinued them ::)

Its the white one
100_2668.jpg

100_2669.jpg

100_2674.jpg

Riding some singletrack

yeah man, looks nice. my friends do the same thing, buy old bikes like that then fix them up and make them nice. those things are so much more comfortable than modern bikes, i love riding them

yeah man, looks nice. my friends do the same thing, buy old bikes like that then fix them up and make them nice. those things are so much more comfortable than modern bikes, i love riding them

Yeah no doubt, the old bikes actually had some seat foam in the seat, not like the new ones with some cardboard covered in fancy lookin material. lol

Nice..have you tried ebay for plastics?

Na, I figure its not really worth it anyways. I've got very little money invested into the bike, so I'm going to sell it and make a good profit from it.

^ good idea..i want to try to do something like that with an old quad..but it really cheap put some money in it and then sell it for a little more that i have in it..sounds like a good idea anyways

I finally got a few good pictures after cleaning the bike up today. It actually looks pretty damn good for a 1981 :)

100_3047.jpg
100_3045.jpg

100_3046.jpg

looks real good for an '81. you did a real good job on that thing

Looks great..what kinda power does it have

its pretty good, its definetly got a "hit" on the top end but its not as powerful as a full on race bike. I think they are rated as having 22 horse power, and they only weigh 198 lbs dry.

[quote:1oq77ds9]Looks great..what kinda power does it have

its pretty good, its definetly got a "hit" on the top end but its not as powerful as a full on race bike. I think they are rated as having 22 horse power, and they only weigh 198 lbs dry.[/quote:1oq77ds9]

Yeah thats still not that bad..would make someone a little smaller a great bike..

[quote:9qy3z3zg]

its pretty good, its definetly got a "hit" on the top end but its not as powerful as a full on race bike. I think they are rated as having 22 horse power, and they only weigh 198 lbs dry.

Yeah thats still not that bad..would make someone a little smaller a great bike..[/quote:9qy3z3zg]

I'm 230lbs and it hauls me around no problem. I dunno about having a smaller rider on it, the seat height is right up there with the YZ 250 of the same year......a tall bike for sure.

Back