Another problem 01 warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andryzzle

Reaction score
I wasn't getting spark so I replaced my stator 2 weekends ago. All was well, I rode it a lot that day and a little the next weekend. Today I took it out again and after about 5 minutes of riding the throttle started to become intermittently unresponsive. It cleared up for about 10 or 20 seconds then no response from the throttle. I pulled off to the side of the trail and it idled for a couple seconds then died and hasn't started since. After we towed it back to the shop, we checked for spark and got nothing.

Any ideas? I wasn't riding the first time the stator failed so I have nothing to compare it to. If it is the stator again, does anybody know what could be causing it to fail? I got a brand new replacement from RM stator that I had just installed probably less than 3 riding hours before.

it shouldnt be tyler if you read the whole post he replaced the entire stator.it is possible though that the flywheel cut the wires to the pickup coil, i had that happen when i replaced mine.but id still look at the wiring on the outside and grounds first its easy and free and you dont have to worry about hurting a gasket.

what you replaced is what we call the "pick up coil" it is very common to go bad... check the rest of your stator with a multimeter and check you pickup coil too... if they check out fine then start looking for loose wires

Got ya, thanks. I'm sure it's now apparent that I'm a beginner when it comes to small engine repair.

hey thats alright everyone has gotta start somewhere... if you search this forum you should find a post or 3 million saying how to test the stator

replaced the STATOR (really this time haha) with a unit from Ricky Stator. started right up and works fine. thanks guys.

was gonna suggest, the little wire on the coil under the lights, on mine was kinda cruddy and loose. I went out riding and suddenly she was running like crap. didnt know what the heck was up till I found that. it was just barely hangin on there.
I cleaned her up and tightend it. ran great again after that.

just something to keep in mind for future searchers.

Back