Another no start...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

99 350

Reaction score
Was riding around the yard last Friday and ended up stalling it, tried to start it and nothing. It had just started fine 10 minutes prior... Pushed it into the shop and started to troubleshoot. Battery had 12.3v, read on another forum how to 'screwdriver' test the starter relay so I tried it and it fired right up. OK the relay's bad. Ordered a new one, nope, same problem. There's no clicks when you push the button or touch the battery cable to the terminal. Can't check if there's power to the lights because they're off the wheeler right now. I plan on pulling the switch off to check the wires in there and the wire diagram shows a fuse near the starter relay but I dont remember seeing one, I'll check again.

I haven't had a chance to get out and diagnose more but what are some common things to look at that might cause this? I don't think there's a clutch safety switch or a neutral switch because I can start it in gear with the clutch in or out and never had starting issues before. Thanks in advance

Dan

Found the fuse, the PO mounted it on the other side of the frame hence why I didn't see it... Swapped the spare and it fired right up.

Mods can delete this post if necessary

Back