Another no spark situation

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mook

Reaction score
Hello yfm350 forum
I've recently purchased a 2003 yamaha warrior I bought it non running for 100 and a trade I was told that the bike didn't have spark I thought to myself no biggie it could be a couple of things I've noticed in order to get it to crank u have to cross the solenoids points the push button doesn't work the PO had changed the stator so the color of the wires are not the same as the book but I've chased that prob with my multimeter it checks out when I get home I'll post pics but I'm just looking for some advice on where to start from there

Also I noticed that the neutral light doest come on and the wires have been tampered I read that u could just disconnect them but I've tested it with them both connected or not I still have no spark

NO SPARK SITUATION::
Please verify First if the SPARK PLUG is producing a good Spark, if YES then you can verify the CDI... the CDI is responsible mostly for timing your spark plug spark. Verify if the CDI is getting power, if you listen carefully when you KEY ON your machine and push KILLSWITCH ON and OFF you will hear a clicking/ticking sound coming from the CDI if it is actually getting power. If YES, then you can verify if you Spark COIL have continuity... if ALL of those scenarios are not the problem THEN you can verify if your STATOR is producing AC VOLTZ for the spark to use. You can do all those tests with a simple multimeter, Digital or even Analog.

If have more questions just ask one of the seniors here, they will guide you and i will help you the more i can.
:tup:

Complete Project HERE:
http://www.yfm350.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30709

-WARRIOR 350- to -VELOCIRAPTOR 450::
------------------------------------------------------

MOD LIST::
>Big Bear OIL Cooler MOD
>SUZUKI DRZ400 Direct Shifter,
>Tusk Handlebar Riser 30mm + hand made 36mm Riser,
>ProTaper Handlebar Grips & Handlebar,
>Powermadd Star Handguards,
>Outlaw Billet Fuel Cap,
>Tusk Clutch Cable,
>Tusk CLUTCH Kit + Heavy Duty Springs,
>Moose Racing EZ3 Shorty Clutch Lever Assembly,
>Tusk 36" Rear Brake Line,
>KFX 450 16.5 Front Shocks,
>Raptor 660 Rear Shock,
>BANSHEE Rear Shock Linkage,
>SUZUKI 400z +2 +1 Modded A-Arms,
>Custom Pro Armor Nerfbars & Heelguards,
>Raptor 660 Foot Pegs,
>D.I.D Timing Chain,
>D.I.D X Gold-Ring Chain,
>Clear ACRYLIC Air Box,
>Cold Air Filter INTAKE,
>K&N Air Filter,
>12 Tooth Front Sprocket,
>Hot Rods Bottom End Crankshaft Kit,
>WISECO 11:1 High Compression Piston,
>Hotcams Stage 1 CAM,
>Ported & Polish ENGINE,
>Valve JOB Done,
>Black Box HIGH PERFORMANCE CDI,
>Fox PERFORMANCE Race Coil,
>BRISK Racing Spark Plug,
>YFZ 450 HeadLights,
>Rebuilded Yoshimura PIPE,
>YFZ 450 Radiator Scoop Fenders,
>YFZ Front Hood Fender,
>Raptor 350 Fenders,
>Raptor Fenders Shaved alike YFZ 450,
>Raptor 350 Fuel Tank,
>Raptor 350 Seat & Seat Cover,
>Custom Flip Over Rear Frame & Seat,
>Custom HandMade Case Saver,
>Front LED DayLight Running MOD,
>Raptor 660 i-MX Rool Design IMS front bumper,
>PRO ARMOR Tether Safety KillSwitch,
>+4 Swingarm/3in REAR Wheel Spacers,

::JCDigital::
f48ba4f8-0f7a-4e0e-b55e-5a677d8ed4c5_zpsv9jnofpw.jpg

Last edited:
The how do you check to see if stator is producing ac volts

The how do you check to see if stator is producing ac volts

Look for the cables that comes from the STATOR to the CDI... disconnect only those cables (Plug) and use a MULTIMETER to read AC VOlTZ and test all WHITE cables ("in my harness") one by one while cranking your machine... if the STATOR is doing it's work, you should READ VOLTZ coming out from your it, at least from 45voltz AC to 80voltz AC - Optimal is between 80AC to 110AC!
Remember that you should test ALL other things i mention before thinking the problem is your STATOR.

P.D. You can check FIRST the POSITIVE cable ("In my harness, ORANGE coming from the CDI") that is hook up to the COIL and do this same test. *Be careful AC can give you a little bite (shock).

Ok I check that orange cable I saw it fluctuate while cranking but nowhere near 12v (0.34-0.45)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Ok I check that orange cable I saw it fluctuate while cranking but nowhere near 12v (0.34-0.45)

Ok, so i am assuming you do testing measuring DC Volts and you did not get even 1.0 DV v...
Please do the same reading measuring in AC Volts (200-range)!
Did you push the KILL SWITCH ON/OFF while cranking to verify if the readings vary?

BTW... Did the REAR light turn ON when KEY ON your machine or any lights?
just to know if you have current coming from your BATT to your CDI...

Let me know.

I just left out I'll give that a look when I get back and yes the lights turn on but the push button doesn't work I have to jump the soliniod in order for it to work

I just left out I'll give that a look when I get back and yes the lights turn on but the push button doesn't work I have to jump the soliniod in order for it to work

OK, FIRST i will help you to get the PUSH BUTTON fixed very easy :tup:
then i will continue helping you to get your machine start flawless with no problem.

Thanks for following!

Bet no problem alright step 1??

OK, FIRST i will help you to get the PUSH BUTTON fixed very easy :tup:
then i will continue helping you to get your machine start flawless with no problem.

Thanks for following!

OK tell me now and when I get home I'll start

Hey mook::
Please clean some OLD messeges to make space for my new messeges, i can't continue helping you until you do that.

UPDATE ok so i was able to bypass the nuetral and parking switch ive replaced the ignition coil and fuse assembly ive noticed that the starter is dying and once if i turn the key switch on i get one spark and nothing else any ideas i know its been a while but life has became complicated lol

Weak battery? weak starter? have you checked the stator?
Batterys pushing 12v and only been able to omh 2 of the wires im not picking anything up on the other 2

That 12v reading of the battery is with no load on it I'm assuming. Try getting a cranking voltage reading, to really test how good the battery is. Even a junk battery will read 12v with no load on it.

Latest posts

Back