Another Little Sahara Oklahoma trip

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
man that looks like fun. I never rode the sand before. was wondering, does the sand slow you down a lot? Why paddle tires? Just wondered.

man that looks like fun. I never rode the sand before. was wondering, does the sand slow you down a lot? Why paddle tires? Just wondered.

Sand definitely slows you down. Dirt tires work fine and I have ridden there with both. I had v-paddles on my Banshee, but the Duro sand and snow tires work great for the Warrior and Raptor 350. They float a little better and don't take so much work to take off. Deeper cup paddles take more power to use but are great if you have the power to use them.

Poor guy:eek:hno:, never having ridden in sand. I prefer that over trails to an ectent. Sand is a power robber, that's why it's god to gear a hair low for it and not to run too tall a tire. Like midway said, the number and depth of the paddles makes a big difference.

SAND? what's SAND? just kidding we run into it every now and then here If I go about 70 miles north of here there is about 50 square miles of the **** haha

We have to drive 5 1/2 hours to the sand dunes. It is addictive and I don't ride much around here any more. We have 3 different places here to ride locally but there just isn't anything like the dunes.

Back