And I thought my Warrior was loud...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madcow

Reaction score
Yesterday I met a guy with a 450r and an aftermarket pipe. It was so damn loud that I had trouble starting my motor because I didn't know if it was running or not. I literally couldn't hear my own motor running. :eek: And the deep, rumbling sound it makes made my warrior sound like a 2-stroke in comparison.

Yeah those 450 quads with aftermarket mufflers are loud. I was right behind one when he nailed it doing a hill climb and it was loud and powerful sounding.

I was behind a 450r that had a sparks pipe back when I had the warrior and it was so loud it was like the sound waves were beating you in the chest like in the front row of a concert!!!

Yeah.. I got to ride with some guys at the cabin that have 450r and banshee. They both were piped but the 450r absoultly rips. Way louder then mine.

Yea I cant wait to pipe my yfz Im going with the bill balance carbon hmf. My buddy has a white bro carbon on his and if ******* loud. I have a supertrapp on my warrior and it isn't too bad but still pretty damn loud. But dam I love piped banshees. My blaster is piped and sounds great but there is something bout those twin cylinders that make them sound like a swarm of bees on your ASSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

Even at idle it sounded amazing. Like a really deep thumping sound. And this guy was also doing a hillclimb. No idea what pipe it was though, it was covered in dirt.

I agree that they sound good, but they get annoying after awhile. Aren't they starting to enact laws with regards to noise? Starting to come down hard on motorcycles and aftermarket exhuasts in some cities.

I know that some racing groups are putting a limit on exhaust noise. I think my friend has to get down to 97 decibels. I'm not sure if thats the exact amount but it was a good jump from last season to this season.

My friends 700 Raptor with an HMF will damn near make your ears bleed when he opens it up. It sounds like a small HD sportster at idle.

My friends 700 Raptor with an HMF will damn near make your ears bleed when he opens it up. It sounds like a small HD sportster at idle.
Try standing along side one while its on a dyno. Makes my LTR with a yoshi pipe sound like a weed eater.

You guys should hear my Bandit 1200 (full Holeshot exhaust system) on the dyno when it hits 11,000 rpm... ear protection is required!

I know that some racing groups are putting a limit on exhaust noise. I think my friend has to get down to 97 decibels. I'm not sure if thats the exact amount but it was a good jump from last season to this season.
yes my wnyoa racing series is bring it down to around there!

[quote:5ttd87v4]I know that some racing groups are putting a limit on exhaust noise. I think my friend has to get down to 97 decibels. I'm not sure if thats the exact amount but it was a good jump from last season to this season.
yes my wnyoa racing series is bring it down to around there! [/quote:5ttd87v4]
Yeah its in there rules..but they rarely ever inspect..actually..i have never seen them inspect..

[quote:k832o32x]Hopefully the Yoshimura system coming in the mail would put me a bit closer to that sound. :p

If you bought the cut yosh. that yeold was selling..I dont think thats gunna very quiet..cut pipes are usuaully quite loud[/quote:k832o32x]

Yep I did, but I'm trying to go for a nice deep sound, my Supertrapp is really whiney at mid to high RPMs.

Latest posts

Back