Alright...Where in the hell is the....

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

storydude1

Reaction score
Reverse switch for an 87?

And DO NOT SAY IN THE REVERSE SHIFTER.

Because it's NOT.

The shifter I have has NO wires coming off of it, NO place for wires to even GO, and NO spot for that thread in plug looking thing the wire is supposed to come out of.

Reverse light is on all the time, and it;s pissing me off.

anyone have clue one?

ok mine does that some times mine cause the switch box in the back is busted ,but its on the right side by the shifter its hidden by the rear brake resovre its got a little wire going to it with a philips screw.

yeah, it's on the left side engine case towards the back. Like 87warrior said, just look for a wire going to the back half of the engine. There's only really 2 sensors on it, at all, and the reverse is the one towards the top.

Only wire I can see in the dark, with a cheesy flashlight is the Battery ground wire.

I've had the head, jug, and carb off of this thing 3 times in the last 2 weeks, and I cannot remember seeing any wire/box there??????

I've found the wire in the harness under the tank, BY the reverse shifter, with no connector.

Here's a thought.....This switch was only for 87-89 right? After 89 the reverse shifter itself had this box?

Maybe I don't have a case from an 87.....Kinda funny though...Saw the motor case numbers tonight and they were Something-01900 And according to Vin, it's an Eighty-SIX

Back