already got an itch to upgrade....

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrblonde

Reaction score
and the bikes not even broken in yet ;D

So I had a few questions regarding the upgrades im looking to purchase after christmas time has come and gone....I have only about 4-6 hours on the bike since I got it last week and took it for my first trail ride last weekend....

but I want some more power...I want a slip on pipe...and judging from what ive already read, I dont need a full exhaust because the header coming off the engine is already a good size...so heres my question...a.) whats the best performance wise? (I know this is vague and everyone has their own opinions on the matter)....b.) this is most important to me...sound. I want something that is low and throaty rather than ricey...and I would also perfer it to be lower because of neighbors (trails are located 1/4 mile up the road).

I want to get a better air filter that will alow the engine to breathe more. I think im going to go for the K & N filter and the machined plate to attach it too...heres my question, I run through a lot of water and mud on my trails so would it be wise to keep the air lid on? I have heard of remvoing the lid for more HP gain but im not willing to compromise potentionally sucking in muddy water or dirt to do so.

also, after this I would need to rejet? is this something that any begginer can do? I am mechanically inclined and would like to do the most I could myself to my machine while upgrading....

thanks in advance guys and fill me in with other great mods that should be done to the raptor to make it faster and more trail ready... :)

i run an hmf, which is low and sounds awesome, and a pro design k&n air filter....I LIKE THEM BOTH!!! other good exhausts would be yoshimura, big gun, etc

From your description of what you want i would go with either a big gun or yoshimura.

Dont buy a jet kit.... you can get individual jets from your dealer and save about 50 bucks.

And as far as the airbox you have the right idea by going to clamp on... but whether or not to keep the lid depends on how much water and mud you actually go through... with an outerwares you can most likely get away with going through trail mud without a problem, however if your dunking it in mudhole after mudhole your going to have problems.

thanks guys...Ill take a look at the yoshi....

also another quick question...its getting pretty danm cold out and I havent ran the quad in a few days. Are there any things I should do to winterize it or will I be fine waiting until this weekend to ride again? It sucks getting home from work in the dark because I want to ride so bad but I dont know the trails all that well yet and would hate to get lost back there in the dark, alone. Should I warm her up everyday? Thanks again guys :)

I have an hmf it has a deep throaty kind of sound. i think it sounds pretty mean IMO. If it warms up in a few days i'll make a sound clip of it.

I am looking for the same thing. A low decibel muffler with a low smooth sound, nothing high pitched or whiney. Ive had my eye on the fmf Q2, which i hear is low and smooth, but fmf just released the Q4, which gives better performance (the Q's are known for improving bottom end, just what i want), and hopefully a smoother lower sound, you know kind-of like a 1996 Impala SS.

At the bottom of my signature theres a video of me on my warrior with the hmf exhaust, i never got above half throttle in the vid but you can get a slight idea of what it sounds like. But the vid really doesnt do the exhaust any justice...

Just break it in. Heres how I did it, after breakin I got a white bros e series muffler, and K&N filter, and some mikuni jets (there like a dollor or two ea.) and I jetted to like 152.5 and that worked well. Then I bought rims and tires for the front and rear. The next winter I did the big bore kit.

hey dave, where did that WB give you more power low or high? Im looking into the HFM pipe just because it seems like the proven champ and the price is right. But it seems all of them get the job done but in certain areas. Thanks :cool:

hmmm, i never heard of a hfm pipe, might need to get me one of those......yeah im all for upgrading, i had my quad for a week before i bought a pipe and intake for it, i say do it

you never heard of the HFM pipe? When equipped on a raptor, it produces and extra 22 HP and it can beat out a streetbike. A lot of people are switching over to the HFM from HMF for this very reason.

Latest posts

Back