alba engine kit??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vestige019

Reaction score
hey i found this kit on alba action .com

http://store.albaaction.com/shop/WAR-CAMTISPRG.html

thats the link

i was wondering if you guys think its worth it but im diffently due for a rebuild....its been 3 years so

and what do u think about having a .450 lift isnt that gonna be a high revin machine???

im not sure so im just finding out

thanks in advanced

Thats sweet. I have basicly all the same stuff but from different companies. Same lift, bore, springs. Mine isnt done yet so i couldnt tell you on the rev. But i do ebay so i wouldnt be able to say if its a good deal or not becuase i look for deals on new stuff.

What's the compress of that JE piston? I'm also looking for something like that because my motor needs a rebuild too. The .450 cam would be for high revs though, that's why I want the .430 Web cam.

Thats sweet. I have basicly all the same stuff but from different companies. Same lift, bore, springs. Mine isnt done yet so i couldnt tell you on the rev. But i do ebay so i wouldnt be able to say if its a good deal or not becuase i look for deals on new stuff.
You have the Web cam which is a different grind and way less compression with your wiseco.

The Alba kit uses a 12:1 compression JE piston but then they use gaskets to make the deck height larger to reduce the compression a little... 10.75:1
I've heard that at some alitudes, closer to sea level that you will have to mix gas, but it all depends what your static compression comes out to. The cam is a Megacycle race cam and will add power in the mid and top end. That's what I have and really like it but it does have a little softer bottom end then what a mid range cam would have. Bottom end will feel like stock then come alive in the mid range.
The whole kit is a good package if your looking for a good power increase and that way you don't have to go out and buy the gaskets and everything one by one.. I believe dave has said around 28 hp to the wheels.

What's the compress of that JE piston? I'm also looking for something like that because my motor needs a rebuild too. The .450 cam would be for high revs though, that's why I want the .430 Web cam.

.430 is still going to be a rever.

you can also look at powroll.com and they have a kit for under $500.00 dollarshttp://www.powroll.com/P_YAMAHA_RAPTOR-WARRIOR350.htm

[quote:jc8ibgw7]What's the compress of that JE piston? I'm also looking for something like that because my motor needs a rebuild too. The .450 cam would be for high revs though, that's why I want the .430 Web cam.

.430 is still going to be a rever.[/quote:jc8ibgw7]

But less than the .450.

Really? I read that it gives a nice balance between revs and torque. If .390 is for torque-midrange then I figured .430 would be rev-midrange.

Really? I read that it gives a nice balance between revs and torque. If .390 is for torque-midrange then I figured .430 would be rev-midrange.

Well the .430 is still more of a mid-top end cam. But the bottom end will still be better then the megacycle .450 cam as it's got a little less duration and the lobe seperation is less.

Latest posts

Back