Airbox No Lid Help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bombizzy

Reaction score
So I purchased a Pro Design K&N Kit and am going to run with no lid. What I Need help with is, where do I put the hose pictured seeing as there is no lid to attach it to. Thank You

P.S. ( I know this probably a major newb question, sorry haha.)

no reply yet? hmmm, must be a really dumb ass question lol

just do this with your lid .... and leave the snorkel tube on so u can still connect your breather tube to it .....
100_2838.jpg

or just go to advance auto or where ever and get one of those little smal breather filters and plug it into the hose ... zip tie it to the frame some where and your done
t_153005.jpg

i bought a k&n crankcase filter I believe for a 1/2 hose. I relocated mine inside of my air box because of where we ride at.

will leaving the snorkel on with breather connected to it and cut like you said affect performance at all compared to having no lid whatsoever?

Yes , you dont want that breather in any direct line of fire - mud, water . get it into the airbox if you can.

sidewayz33 said:
Yes , you dont want that breather in any direct line of fire - mud, water . get it into the airbox if you can.

Hmmm, would cutting a hole in the box to poke it thru work?

yea it could, but i would still put a small filter on the end of that hose-its the breather hose for the crankcase and you dont want any kind of dirt, mud, water, or any foreign object getting in there at all because what ever does will get into the engine oil. get a good quality breather so the crankcase can breath, but also keep foreign objects out.

I poked a hole in the side of my air box and ran the tube to it using the stock top 90° bend piece. I also run lidless.

hmmm, i'll fighure something out.ty guys 4 the input, much appreciated

deadlastracing said:
I poked a hole in the side of my air box and ran the tube to it using the stock top 90° bend piece. I also run lidless.

I did the same ill post a picture of it soon.

Tyler said:
deadlastracing said:

I did the same ill post a picture of it soon.

ty that would be awesome

So I was thinking of running the breather into the box like you guys said, and also cutting the lid and screening it. Cutting some window screen and cutting to fit into the lid and putting that back on. This way i have the air flow of no lid and some extra protection from dust and crap with the screen. Any thoughts?

run no lid at all put filter on breather. run outerwares on k&n for main filter and call it a day.

Thats my plan,, im wondering though I ordered a K&N filter, with K&N pre-charger. There was no pic of pre-charger I am wondering WTF it is now. I was thinking it was outwears, but now not sure....

ya i think so. be sure u also need the pro flo adapter, cheaper to order all in one kit. its way better design than stock to save motor

i have panty hose (yea baby) srecthed and stapled over my lid ..... plus a k&n and outer wares pre filter

the panty hose works really good to...

local shop actually suggested panty hose over an outerwares, said it will keep sand out of breather better....

Latest posts

Back