Air Scoops

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Im new to modding and was wondering who made air scoops for a warrior.. Are they really worth it. should i get a fan instead>

Your best option to address cooling would be an oil cooler.

There is a good tutorial in the Tutorials section.

both ideas are pretty useless if you already have no lid on your airbox, thats about as good as you'll get,

What do air scoops and fans have to do with the airbox lid? The purpose is to push more air past the motor and cool it off more.

I never saw air scoops on a warrior that looked like they would make much of a difference, mostly for looks I guess. A fan would work to cool the head off in situations where you aren't moving fast, but at higher speeds it won't make much of a difference. I think the best way to go is to get an oil cooler, since it cools off the lower components of the motor, the ones most vulnerable to damage from excessive heat.

yea they do very little cooling but i just have them for looks

An oil cooler with a fan would be a pretty nice deal, But an oil cooler and set of scoops should keep the motor cool enough for any amount of motor mods, unless of course you sit in one spot and rev it all day.

A waste of time, go for the oil cooler. By using a oil cooler you will drop the engine temp by 40 degrees (that's with the Permacool cooler).

they are a little large, but im lookin for some time to make 'em for the new race shaved plastics.:)
000_04811.jpg

000_04801.jpg

Latest posts

Back