Air Box Cover

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowdog

Reaction score
So I'm starting to plan on doing some mods to the Wolvy and one of them is this air box lid I found. http://www.ehsracing.com/products/grizzly350_airbox_EHS.htm

I called the company this afternoon and the ensured me that it does fit the new body style Wolvy. I would like to get some feedback from some of you that already have change your air filter and are you using a prefilter as well?
Is this something you might consider purchasing? Obviously I need to be aware of water getting into the intake here and that kinda lowers the air intake a bit but I really don't plan on drowning the Wolvy or making it swim!

I noticed when looking at the air box the label states to run 91 octane fuel and I was curious what other people might be using and if you notice any difference.

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
it looks like a good mod but they recommend rejetting to a stage 2 kit with this lid (treating it as an open lid setup). but from what ive read, some people have said reported that this combo made it run too rich.

it just seems like itd take a little test and tune but might be fine with just the stage one...ill stick to the sock lid as its got the snorkel and i like to hit bottomless mudholes :D

the only thing i would say is any time u start cutting into the air box that is a hole for stuff to get into the motor. i like the idea of keeping the air abox closed and just getting a good air filter. to be realalistic unless you are a proffessional racer the 1 to 5 hp u get by removing the lid is not that noticable. i would start with a good carb set up with a good air filter. u will gain the same hp if not more and not have to worry about the mud, water or dust you encounter on the trails

when in dout FLOOR IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vinnyv, that is kinda what I've been thinking. Is the risk worth the reward and the reward is minimal and I'll certainly go for any mud hole thats in front of me and that is where I still like the idea of keeping the air intake higher and keeping the box closed tight.

Next ?
Which air filter kit K&N, Twin Air or Uni air filter kit?
I'm actually leaning toward Twin Air more.

Dan

i run a 2 stage uni air on mine, just a personnel preference. i ve run a K&N before and didnt have a problem, i would say just make sure you put an outer ware around it, because i have been told that K&N breath and work to well so you have to stay on top of it (like regular cleanning). match that with a Dyno Jet carb kit and there you go.

Back