Aftermarket wheel Question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sinned96

Reaction score
Do most aftermarket wheels stick out farther than the stock wheels? You know make the 4wheeler wider than stock

Hi sinned69,

Yes most, if not all, of the aftermarket wheels will stick out farther than the stock wheels. Those wheels have a offset of 2+5 (in/out) which is not the same as the stock wheels. If I'm not mistaken the ITP wheels on my Wolverine stick at least a good inch farther. If you think the Wolverine gets dirty playing in the mud with stock wheels wait until you try aftermarket ones
:D.

What is the offset on the stock wheels? I know the width is 6 inch for the front and 7.5 on the rear and most aftermarket wheels are 7 inch front and rear

If your looking for more grip you can mount aftermarket tires to you stock rims

I put 25" mudlites on my stock rims for my 07 - this way the offset stays the same,,

mudlites_wolverine_2.jpg

Looks good but my stock rear rims are bent all ready. Thats the only reason I wanted to go with new rims also

sinned96 said:
Looks good but my stock rear rims are bent all ready. Thats the only reason I wanted to go with new rims also

i have bent mine many times....grab a big hammer...they come back....i have pounded many dings out.....the one that is the worst is the only one that holds air ! lol

as far as aftermarket wheels.....you can get them with the same offset....i just ordered 26 inch zillas with ss108 black...i was told they will be the same as stock offset...

What is the stock offset? They arent the same width as most aftermarket rims. Stock rears are 1/2 wider and front are 1 inch narrower Guess I need to go get my tape measure out :)
I have done the hammer trick but one rear wheel has a huge dent right in the middle of the rim. Guess I hit a big rock somewhere

new wheels and mud

Just put on a set of Douglas Rattlesnakes. Went out last weekend in the rain. You talk about getting dirty. With new wheels the mud will fly. I believe I got more mud than I have ever had on my bike.

Back