After-market rims...A.K.A. how's that dirt taste?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mentolio

Reaction score
I just bought some new tires, but put 'em on the stock rims. My question is: are the after-market rims I see as "deep-dish" as they look? I stuck with the stockers because (I'm cheap!) even stock tires stick-out past the fenders a little. All the after-market rims I see seem to have half the tire peeking out at you. Is this the case? Do you guys find yourselves EATING more mud/dirt now that you have different rims? (By the way...all those quads with "other" rims really look GOOD!)

Yep... the offset in almost all of the aftermarkets make the front and rear ends wider - thus, the mud that you would typically see, you see much faster and more often

If I am no mistaken the offset of the aftermarket wheels makes the Wolverine 2" wider (1" per side).

I can attest that with aftermarket wheels you will eat a lot more mud and dirt. This is especially true if you get stuck and try to get out in reverse. The mud will go up in the air and ends up right on your back :x.

WoodWarrior said:
If I am no mistaken the offset of the aftermarket wheels makes the Wolverine 2" wider (1" per side).

I can attest that with aftermarket wheels you will eat a lot more mud and dirt. This is especially true if you get stuck and try to get out in reverse. The mud will go up in the air and ends up right on your back :x.

I couldn't have said it better Steve. I have ITP 589 M/S 25's on the same rims that you have. I like the added stability of the wider stance. Believe it or not, there's some "slow trails" by me and I can't get through some of the obtacles (two trees close together) now.....have to go around.

<><

Latest posts

Back