After Market Pipes

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 2005 Wolverine (350cc) and have been shopping pipes for a while. Which one would you'all recommend? I am looking for one that will give me the most bang for the buck (budget-minded) but it also has to be relatively quiet due to the riding areas we go to.

Same here. I'm interested in making more power with a pipe, but I don't want to gain to much in decibels (noise). Give us your take on what you people are running, how noisey they are, and what you would reccomend. Thanks. Maniac

You are both right to look for a quiet exhaust. As for myself, a quiet pipe wouldn't be enough! Recently I received a paper from the government (Quebec, Canada) stating that it is completely illegal to modify the exhaust of our Atvs :cry:. It is even illegal to sell one! I found this ridiculous, they should have done like in a lot of places in the United States and impose a maximum number of decibels :evil:.

Wolverine350rider has posted a little review of the HMF slip-on and dynojet he has installed on his Wolverine: http://forum.woodwarrior.com/viewtopic.php?t=11. By the way, you may listen to the sound of the HMF pipe on John's Wolverine page: http://www.woodwarrior.com/showroom/wolv_39.htm.

The HMF slip on is pretty sweet. I dont have one but have been around a few guys with them..They all seem very pleased (mostly a bottom end pipe)!! The only down fall is the ones Ive been around were pretty loud.

I installed the Supertrapp slipon exhaust almost a year back and im happy with it so far. The price was somewhere just under 200$ and it has the quite core and it is tuneable by the use of the metal discs that come with the pipe. With 5 discs the sound level was similar to the stock pipe. I run 10 discs and the sound is more to my taste. I am working on some pics so I can be added to the showroom.

I have an FMF MegaMax on my Wolverine. The previous owner had installed it. I'm running the quiet core with 9 disks. Many people are surprised it's an aftermarket pipe based on the noise output. I can't really say how much of a power increase there was since I bought the machine with it installed.

My only gripe is with how it fits on the headpipe. Even when properly alligned, there's a slight gap. I had to fab an external gasket to keep things tight.

After market pipes...

I would reccomend finding a "tuneable" pipe, like a White Bros. C-series, or Supertrapp. They have removable disks that allow you to adjust noise/backpressure to suit your needs. Fewer discs equals more backpressure and less noise (stock engine). More disks equals less backpressure and more noise (modified engine). You can also often get by without re-jetting just by adding/removing disks. Lastly, if I am not mistaken, all the pipes of this design are considered to have a "spark arrestor"(environmentally friendly) regardless of the number of disks (due to a closed end-cap, I suppose). Check before you buy (if legality is an issue).

I've got a HMF pipe on mine, and I must say that its pretty loud. Not quit as loud as the FMF megamax that was on my warrior, but still loud. Nice power increase tho

I have heavily thought about a pipe for my wifes '04 Wolvy. Narrowed it down to probably a Supertrapp because I ran the race series on my Raptor 660 and it was great and not too loud. But does anyone know about the Cobra exhausts. Are they just stock replacements?

Back