• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to YFM350 and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

After market exhaust

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97warrior_rider

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new to the forum have had my 97 warrior since 04 and am finally putting work into it I wanna build it with wider stance and aggressive sound so what im looking for are +2 a arms and performance exhaust love my bike but its time she's brought out of the darkness and upgraded to the rugged terrain that is the Arizona desert let me know if u have these parts as well as I'm in need of shocks

Check Craigslist for Tucson also. I see stuff once in a while listed on there.

they do exist... Tucsonians arize!

i look on craigslist once and a while and to be honest i rarely see anything. just a couple real nice warriors. usually the same story, they don't ride them anymore.

im sure somebody has extra parts for a warrior down here somewhere, but in 2-3 years of checking every once and a while i only found one guy who had some extra black fenders. was almost willing to trade me my white ones for them but changed his mind last minute and sold them with the bike the following week.

for exhaust ive seen some descent stuff on ebay. some nice HMF packages and every once and a while a White bros surfaces

Ya that's what I'm looking for my bike is all black had some heat drop from years in the desert heat but over all not bad I just did a minor shave job on them to fix the fender drop

I would get a hmf or white bros slip on and a sparkymichigan torq header pipe(do a search) if he will still make you one also get a k&n with an outerwears and take off the lid. You will get a good amount of sound with that and quite the power increase!

Which do u feel is better for the money right now I'm stock with brand new carb jets and stock but I pull away from 400trxs like they are sitting still given I have new rear sprocket dura blue extended heavy duty axle

Get the custom header and find a good used white bros slip on. Also open the airbox up. But I have a hard time believing that you make them look like they are standing still? A stock warrior isn't much compared to a 400ex but a modded warrior will eat a 400ex

by bran new carb jets you mean like a rebuild kit? im sure you know if you mess with the intake and/or exhaust your going to have to rejet anyways.

i read about that torq header sparkymichigan makes. kinda wierded out about it though. i looked up the function of an expansion pipe and it got pretty exhaustive for me quick. the fmf pipe makes sense to me; its a bigger pipe with a glass pack. i know theres probably a grip of you guys that have them on your bikes now and love em. idk im no mechanic. i just learn as things come along, but it just doesn't make much sense to me why you can simply make one part of the header bigger and have proper back pressure and all that stuff.

i read a few posts, cant remember where, of a couple guys who had a white bros, loved it, then switched to an hmf and loved them more and supposably got more power out of them. idk what jetting they were at or anything. i just read it a while back. sometime in the future im looking at getting an hmf pipe. my buddy has a trx-250ex. not my favorite bike in the world but that thing sounds wicked. real deap and throaty. i can only imagine what a warrior would sound with one

im curious, what gearing do you have that makes you pull away from a 400? id love to compete with my buddys 450. hes allways telling me to get rid of my warrior and get a yfz450 but shes not going anywhere

im up to a 14 40 by brand new i mean not rebuilt 500 dollar monster carb stage 2 jets no baffles on stock pipe with proper tune. i mean i eat a stock 400 up no bs i have a 97 350 warrior and we also have a 430ex built dirty it pulls on me but my buddy has a stock 400 and i pull on him bad

Get the custom header and find a good used white bros slip on. Also open the airbox up. But I have a hard time believing that you make them look like they are standing still? A stock warrior isn't much compared to a 400ex but a modded warrior will eat a 400ex

actually compared to a stock 400ex a warrior is not all to diff you might or might not know but in the race world when the 400ex came out yamaha built the warrior to be competitive with it in nearly every aspect with the proper gear set and a good tune "jetted and cycled" they can and will pull on a stock 400 with out hesitation. if i get a chance ill post a vid of it doing just that

The warrior was in production 12 years before the 400ex so how did they make it to compete with it if nothing changed.? And I said stock vs stock you just repeated what I said.

Also how did you end up with a 430ex? The bores are 416 426 and then has to be resleeved for a 440. I take it it's a 426

In lamest terms yes but it is considered a 430 my step brother did it all at his machine shop I'm just telling u what I was told the guy build motors for ford as well as other private car and bike enthusiasts this wasn't some out of the box kit done every thing was professionally done including bore,head work,custom built crank,custom rod,custom machined cam not a single thing in the bike other then the piston was order from out side sources it was all fab'd

It was in production ahead of the 400 ur correct but it has not stayed 100% the exact same minor changes have been made over the years to better improve and expand on the all ready versital bike and it is very possible for a warrior to compete with a standard off the line Honda it's two major components like anything else power and how u use it proper launch, shift timing major factors that can make or break a race I've had my warrior 12 years and have only been beat by a four hundred 2 times first time the bike wasn't jetted right and the second time I spun out in a turn

What was changed other than few things from first to second gen. And it's gotta be slightly stroked then Thats cool he did all the work

i read about that torq header sparkymichigan makes. kinda wierded out about it though. i looked up the function of an expansion pipe and it got pretty exhaustive for me quick. the fmf pipe makes sense to me; its a bigger pipe with a glass pack. i know theres probably a grip of you guys that have them on your bikes now and love em. idk im no mechanic. i just learn as things come along, but it just doesn't make much sense to me why you can simply make one part of the header bigger and have proper back pressure and all that stuff.

There is no reason to have back pressure on a 4 stroke.
Other than that, the reason for the expansion chamber on sparkys pipe is to handle the pressure and flow fluxuations caused by a single cylinder engine.
It makes more power and gives a much deeper sound.

It was in production ahead of the 400 ur correct but it has not stayed 100% the exact same minor changes have been made over the years to better improve and expand on the all ready versital bike and it is very possible for a warrior to compete with a standard off the line Honda it's two major components like anything else power and how u use it proper launch, shift timing major factors that can make or break a race I've had my warrior 12 years and have only been beat by a four hundred 2 times first time the bike wasn't jetted right and the second time I spun out in a turn

NOTHING has been changed at all engine wise in a warrior.
It's all been electronics.
And from the first gen to second gen it was light location, suspension, and the swing arm was made 1 inch shorter.
The 400ex was made to compete with the warrior.
Not vice versa.
And that's why the 400 is faster.
A stock warrior won't beat it.

Latest posts

Back