Add Brake Light to a 1987

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishx65

Reaction score
Add Brake Light to a 1987 (DONE!!)

Parts of lower Michigan now allow ATV's on some of the roads. If riding at night you must have a brake light that is brighter then your tail light. Of course my old 87 Warrior does not have a brake light. Any way to add one?

Last edited:
Find a tail light assembly off of a Raptor 350. You need the complete setup. Or, some people on here have modded a assembly using some simple in expensive parts.

Thanks guys! Gonna give Bomber's mod a try.

right on send me an email if you have any questions... im not on here much anymore... ive become real busy at work and now i dont have as much time ahahahaha... tylerochs at hotmail dot com

Got the parts today and should get her done this weekend. I picked up a K&S banjo bolt switch for $20.00 and went with an Optronics 6" oval 10 LED sealed tail light for $20.00. The switch is a no brainer but getting the light mounted up to the stock bracket should take some thought and time. I tested the LED tail light on a spare battery I had and it's extremely bright. The Optronics # is STL-78rk.

be kewl to see how it works out.
I been wishing for a brake light. just finaly got my tail light workin again!!

Get pretty close on the trails.. almost been smacked into a couple times.. a brake light would give me a few seconds more grace from the guy behind.. lol

^yep especially when that guy behind you is your buddy riding a grizzly with about 10 beers in his system hahaha

Got her done today and it turned out really nice! I was able to mount the Optronics LED taillight to the stock bracket by using one screw up top and 3M tape for the rest. It's a lot more solid then it sounds. The Banjo bolt switch was a piece-a-cake. I wired mine a little different then Bomber did. I used the factory ground and power wires for everything. Decided not to run the brakelight to the battery cuz I might need to be in stealth mode once in a while. This way, I only have a brake light when I have the headlights on. Took me about an hour cuz I used heatshrink on the connections and split loomed all the wires. The Optronics LED Light and Banjo switch make this a very easy mod but it's more expensive ($45.00) then the way Bomber did his. Sorry, no pics but I will say that the Optronics LED looks very cool. Also, a big thanks to Bomber and others for the input!

yeah stealth mode would be nice... i just never redid mine.... i dont have a brake light for the front brakes so if i need stealth i can just use them only

Back